Wholesale Captive Agent Question

Allperfor1

Hello Everyone,

New member here. I just recently opened up my own Wholesale E&S Agency out here in CA. From my experience Farmer's Agents can go to Wholesalers of their choice. My question is where do State Farm and Allstate Agents go when it does not fit into their program? Thanks!

State Farm/Allstate (Forgot which one) agents have a relationship with Liberty Mutual from what agents have told me. For MGA's try leaning towards independent rather than captives. District Managers can be really strict at time when they walk into one of their satellite offices and see flyers of different markets.

Last edited:
I am almost laughing as I write this, but Allstate has no other distribution
channels. Take it of leave it. If they catch you brokering or even referring
they can fire you.

That is why there are Allstate offices closing up left and right.

I am almost laughing as I write this, but Allstate has no other distribution channels. Take it of leave it. If they catch you brokering or even referring they can fire you. That is why there are Allstate offices closing up left and right.

Well some of their executives must be looking the other way. I know of one specific husband/wife with an independent agency an Allstate agency. Husband owns the Allstate agency and wife owns the independent. They are even in the same shopping center.

Back