Wholesalers?

indienoise

Guru
100+ Post Club
Are any captive agents actually using these? I can just think of so many ways their captive company could find out, even if there is no direct appointment. I'd be interested to hear if there are any here.

Are any captive agents actually using these? I can just think of so many ways their captive company could find out, even if there is no direct appointment. I'd be interested to hear if there are any here.

An appointment will not show up on the DOI website. The biggest challenge is going to be servicing the accounts w/ out your boss finding out. I would partner w/ an Indy who has a couple of CSR's and let the Indy take care of service. Your probably looking at about a 50% split.

An appointment will not show up on the DOI website. The biggest challenge is going to be servicing the accounts w/ out your boss finding out. I would partner w/ an Indy who has a couple of CSR's and let the Indy take care of service. Your probably looking at about a 50% split.

In sc if you search the doi database you can see active and inactive appointments. Ive actually creeped a couple of guys whose agencies ive made offers on, just to see their carriers.

In sc if you search the doi database you can see active and inactive appointments. Ive actually creeped a couple of guys whose agencies ive made offers on, just to see their carriers.
sorry- clarify ... An appointment from a wholesaler will not show on the DOI website

sorry- clarify ... An appointment from a wholesaler will not show on the DOI website

Oh yeah, I'm aware of that. Just curious what else would slip someone up using a wholesaler or brokerage in such a way. Aside from the ovvious like client's slip of the tongue. Does the e&o carrier run a CLUE at renewal or something like that which would show a separate e&o policy? Do some wholesalers require users to create a business entity? Posting on internet forums? Lol.

Thankfully it's not something i need in my arrangement. I'm allowed to use brokerages, mgas, and even get other direct appointments. Just curious how it works out for those who have to use them.

I'm a wholesaler and do business with tons of farmers agents, nationwide agents, countrywide agents and a few Allstate agents. Seems the ones that have the problem with it are State Farm agencies. Never been approached by one before.

Back