Who's Still in the NDR Game?

I was doing a comparison of State Farm's whole life with Mass and I noticed SF has a pretty competitive whole life product. SF DOES have a paid up additions rider for the dividends, didn't expect to see that.
The only question is does SF have NDR for loans? Who else does NDR?
Mass, Lafeyette, Penn Mutual, who else?

Attachments

• Whole Life State Farm 250k.pdf
    66 KB · Views: 16
Looking at the illustration, I don't see a paid up additions rider. ?

The div option is paid up additions, yes... which I haven't seen a mutual that didn't have that as an option. Maybe there is. ?

Most of the better companies when you run a plain jane wl w div on pua illustrate decent over the long haul. Can you post up the Mass Illustration? I honestly can't see SF competing with Mass that well over the long run.

I thought Penn was DR?
IDK what state farm is. Maybe someone will chime in, or worst case you could call them.

----------

Penn is direct recognition

Your post hadn't show up when I did mine. That's what I thought, thanks for confirming.

Just because a WL policy is DR, does not mean that Loaned Values do not receive any interest or dividends. Most WL policies that are DR give the Loaned Values a different interest/dividend rate that is slightly lower than the normal rate.

So they still participate in interest/dividends, just not to the full extent of non-loaned funds. Guardian has a good pdf explaining this, I will try to find it and post it.

So imo, illustration comparisons are a more accurate comparison vs. just the recognition method alone. But MM is hard to beat on WL CV accumulation, especially over the long term. I really like what they are doing as a company right now too overall. I think they are well positioned to stay strong with the markets they are targeting.

Gotta love that Ohio National puts it right on their website:

https://www.ohionational.com/portal/site/client/whole_life_insurance/

Right. But the whole DR / NDR is really 6 of one, half dozen of the other. You can make a case for either if you want. Right now in todays market NDR looks like it blows away DR - and you have some marketers that base their entire pitch on this concept. But if/when rates and dividends rise, DR will begin to look much better than it does now, maybe better than NDR.

Doesn't Mass offer both? Based on the type of loan you take.. fixed or variable? I thought I remembered reading that somewhere. I might be wrong.

Yes, Mass does both. Just choose the variable rate loan and your original balance will continue to earn dividends as though you didn't take out a loan - aside from loan interest charges.

Back