Whos the Best Carrier for this Situation?

DC2188

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
I have a potential client that is a 57 year old female, don't know if she uses tobacco, has type 2 diabetes and is using insulin and half of her leg had to be amputated a couple of years ago. Who would give her the best coverage and rates for 5k - 8k?

I have a potential client that is a 57 year old female, don't know if she uses tobacco, has type 2 diabetes and is using insulin and half of her leg had to be amputated a couple of years ago. Who would give her the best coverage and rates for 5k - 8k?

If no heart issues Americo UP1.

If no heart issues Americo UP1.

An Amputee for Diabetes complications will be UP3 with Americo. I have had 2 cases with them offer UP3 because of the complication of diabetes.

This is also an ADL issue which will knock them out of most Carriers for level Coverage.

SLAICO Graded would work if no assistance for ADL's and Gerber GIWL for Price

Last edited:
An Amputee for Diabetes complications will be UP3 with Americo. I have had 2 cases with them offer UP3 because of the complication of diabetes.

This is also an ADL issue which will knock them out of most Carriers for level Coverage.

SLAICO Graded would work if no assistance for ADL's and Gerber GIWL for Price

You might want to call the underwriters next time. As long as the amputation was over their time frame then UP1

If 2 years> on the amputation and <60 units of insulin United Heritage Level
If 2 years> on the amputation and >60 units of insulin United Heritage Graded

Back