Why Did You Become an Insurance Agent?

alenmayer

Hi guys,
I am doing a research about the insurance industry and motivation to be an agent and I hope you can help me.

Can you share one reason why did you become an insurance agent?

Is it because of: money, freedom, helping people, friend suggested, etc...

Thanks in advance!

Originally it was the allure of easy money. Once I realized that was bullshit, it is now about the residual earnings.

Hi guys,
I am doing a research about the insurance industry and motivation to be an agent and I hope you can help me.

Can you share one reason why did you become an insurance agent?

Is it because of: money, freedom, helping people, friend suggested, etc...

Thanks in advance!

Honest answer: I needed to start working! I graduated with my business degree and was ignorant enough to think everyone would want to hire me instantly. I had MANY job interviews with companies outside of insurance, mainly pharmaceutical sales. New York Life is the ONLY one that offered me a job (BECAUSE I COULD FOG A MIRROR AND THEY DIDN'T HAVE TO PAY ME A SALARY).

I was lucky enough to have a mentor named Ben T. (no relation to my cousin Ben Boman) at NYL and the rest is history. A decade later I'm squashing roaches that are running across my computer screen during presentations. :no:

" A decade later I'm squashing roaches that are running across my computer screen during presentations."
Nice to know such a heavy hitter uses a laptop for his presentation. I wonder what the percentage of FE agents who use a laptop as opposed to old fashioned farts who use yellow legal paper and pen and/or flip-chart presentation.

" A decade later I'm squashing roaches that are running across my computer screen during presentations."
Nice to know such a heavy hitter uses a laptop for his presentation. I wonder what the percentage of FE agents who use a laptop as opposed to old fashioned farts who use yellow legal paper and pen and/or flip-chart presentation.

:laugh: I actually normally use my phone for the most part these days (THANKS FEX QUOTES). I pull out the laptop that I ALWAYS carry with me for the Rx guides mainly. Truth be told I still pull the darn thing out and slap it on the table as a habit more than anything though. <---- I'm talking about my computer here!

Back