Why Didn't I Focus on MA for the Last 10 Years?

billyb

Guru
1000 Post Club
Florida
I was working FE leads out of town today and stopped by the local Walmart. Met a man who represents UHC and Humana. He wrote 1 app while I watched making his total for the day 12. He has written over 100 since AEP started. Hopes to write 200 before it ends. The he writes about 10 a month. Says he has over 2000 in force. I can do the math and his renewals must be substantial. Very nice man so I have no reason to think he was not telling me the truth.

He said Humana has changed the benefits of the most popular plan in his area and are rewriting those customers into another plan by mail and telesales. They are not retaining his AOR so he could lose many clients. Can't believe a company would do this to an agent in good standing with them.

He worked FE like I do now for years until lead flow dried up. Made the move into the Medicare market and never looked back. If I would have only done half of what he has accomplished I would be financially secure. Oh well, nothing I can do about that now.

That is phenomenal, if true. What area of the country is that, curious.

Got a friend in W-mt and so far he done 6 apps....put in lots of hours too.

Lot of agents around 35-45 apps by now, but this guy is smoking hot!!!

At a mapd in person training event I once heard a lady say she did nearly 400 in one aep, and had 200 renew.

Its a different game than I play. And I cant imagine you can do that and be compliant.

At a mapd in person training event I once heard a lady say she did nearly 400 in one aep, and had 200 renew. Its a different game than I play. And I cant imagine you can do that and be compliant.

When I lived in So California, there was always some carrier dropping a medical IPA in San Bernardino/Riverside counties. If you were lucky enough to get a good venue, it would be like catching fish in a barrel. Those situations seem much rarer here in San Antonio. What was the Most popular Humana plan in that area? A PPO?

I was working FE leads out of town today and stopped by the local Walmart. Met a man who represents UHC and Humana. He wrote 1 app while I watched making his total for the day 12. He has written over 100 since AEP started. Hopes to write 200 before it ends. The he writes about 10 a month. Says he has over 2000 in force. I can do the math and his renewals must be substantial. Very nice man so I have no reason to think he was not telling me the truth.

He said Humana has changed the benefits of the most popular plan in his area and are rewriting those customers into another plan by mail and telesales. They are not retaining his AOR so he could lose many clients. Can't believe a company would do this to an agent in good standing with them.

He worked FE like I do now for years until lead flow dried up. Made the move into the Medicare market and never looked back. If I would have only done half of what he has accomplished I would be financially secure. Oh well, nothing I can do about that now.

Cant imagine how someone can service that many clients, unless he pays staff. In which case, he has a boat load of overhead.

What doesn't add up is he said he has 2000 clients. That's over 30,000 a month!

Why the heck is he still working a Walmart booth?

$360k gross annually isn't inconceivable . . . That space in Walmart is very expensive . . .

What doesn't add up is he said he has 2000 clients. That's over 30,000 a month!

Why the heck is he still working a Walmart booth?

His numbers are a little misleading I'm sure. Humana came out with a new ppo and I bet he included those rewrites in his numbers. No chance that he did 100 AEP apps just sitting at Walmart. I guarantee you. And if he's done 40 "new clients" I bet half were Walmart Rx plan.

I've done 50 apps so far but guess what? Half of them are rewrites from Humana's new ppo. I don't count that.

And 2k clients? It's possible but if he's doing primarily mapd he'll be losing a lot of those people annually. It's too hard to keep up with that many mapd clients.

I work with a guy who has a 1000 clients and right now he is seeing 30 of his CURRENT clients a week right now. I have zero time to sit at Walmart and I guarantee you my friend with 1k clients has less time to Sit at a Walmart.

You have 2k clients and you can sit at Walmart all day?? Haha it's comical.

Back