Why Didn't I Focus on MA for the Last 10 Years?

What do you mean when you state that you have to service your clients, send them a birthday card and maybe a letter once or twice a year? I thought most carriers wanted the insured to call them if their is a problem?

There is no way in hell that I want my clients to NOT call me when there is a problem. They have strict instructions to do so! lol

Because, you see, that service seems to be a bit uncommon and it builds referrals like mad. I don't market for new biz anymore and I damn sure don't sit at a booth anywhere. Different strokes for different folks.

And all that time could be spent acquiring NEW clients and building your business, rather than simply retaining old ones in what is only the busiest time of year.

Sure it's good income and most are satisfied with it and more than happy to do the work trading their life hours for money. But imagine having 1000 clients and going into AEP each year paying renewals and adding 200-300 or more each year focusing on acquisition. Five years from now you'll be happy you did.

So he has to sacrifice servicing his current clients? Doesn't make sense. Here in FL you have to do mapd and if you just ignore them to find new clients it'l be counter productive. Sounds like bad advice to me

Over the years I've spoken with many agents that tried working a booth at Wal-Mart. Not a single one of them volunteered to do it a 2nd year because each one of them said it just didn't bring in enough business for them to be tied down and make a commitment to work it.

If he's got 2000 MA or just PDP clients he didn't get them from Wally World!:no:

And all that time could be spent acquiring NEW clients and building your business, rather than simply retaining old ones in what is only the busiest time of year.

Sure it's good income and most are satisfied with it and more than happy to do the work trading their life hours for money. But imagine having 1000 clients and going into AEP each year paying renewals and adding 200-300 or more each year focusing on acquisition. Five years from now you'll be happy you did.
And if you're not serving the needs of your current clients someone else will and you'll keep having to find new clients. We retain north of 99% of our clients every year and add new clients all the time. We are right at 40 for AEP, not bad, but not where we were this time last year.

So he has to sacrifice servicing his current clients? Doesn't make sense. Here in FL you have to do mapd and if you just ignore them to find new clients it'l be counter productive. Sounds like bad advice to me

Just merely suggesting an option to sell a product (or far more of one) that doesn't require servicing to that extent, particularly during the busiest, most profitable time of year.

Again, only commenting that there are other options. Maybe the guy loves servicing MAPD clients each year. If that's the case, great. As someone else pointed out, to each his/her own.

We write a ton of Med supp clients in FL each year. Maybe by your business model you "have" to write MAPD, but not in mine or many others.

What sounds like bad advice to you is making other people a fortune and giving them a massive amount of freedom at the same time.

But if that makes you or anyone else happy (which is really all that matters in the end), then go for it.

Just merely suggesting an option to sell a product (or far more of one) that doesn't require servicing to that extent, particularly during the busiest, most profitable time of year.

Again, only commenting that there are other options. Maybe the guy loves servicing MAPD clients each year. If that's the case, great. As someone else pointed out, to each his/her own.

We write a ton of Med supp clients in FL each year. Maybe by your business model you "have" to write MAPD, but not in mine or many others.

What sounds like bad advice to you is making other people a fortune and giving them a massive amount of freedom at the same time.

But if that makes you or anyone else happy (which is really all that matters in the end), then go for it.

I'm not saying you can't write med supposed in FL. We all do. But if you live in FL and run T65's every week, you have to offer mapd to be here. I write in some other states and only do med supps. But to think you understand the FL market to run T65's, you are mistaken.
But if what we are doing works, why would we change it?

Its not unbelievable Nearly half my clients have the Humana Walmart preferred and would think of switching.I am glad there is a few other choices this year that is competitive

Now I don't could RX as an app for me, But I suppose if I sat at walmart and did not write the supp, I can see why a guy like that would, Especially if Humana sets him up with the spot they would count those PDP for credit to qualify, I would think

----------

I agree, But also chaz is right, If ones primary focus is FL, It is difficult to do well if you don't offer MA,

I stopped pulling leads in FL & NY because I don't like this buis, And I don't need it any more, When I did buis there, I sold 80% Supp, even the supp clients there can require too much phone time, Even they call up every AEP " Hey I just went to a seminar and Humana has the same cov for $0 and it has dental' Even though we went through this last year

I Agree with you 100% Life hours are worth more then the immediate cash, And focusing on better long term buis model in other states = better long term income and more peace of mind

Back