Why Do Employers Agree to First Meeting with You?

Some prospects meet with us because they believe we can reduce their price, others meet with us because of some other differentiating factor that we offer to them.

What offers that you make to companies are enticing them to meet with you for the first time?

Some prospects meet with us because they believe we can reduce their price, others meet with us because of some other differentiating factor that we offer to them.

What offers that you make to companies are enticing them to meet with you for the first time?

What does your Target market look like?
Who are you going after?

---this would give you an indication of what your clients are looking for.

What does your Target market look like?
Who are you going after?

---this would give you an indication of what your clients are looking for.
50+ lives although I want to get into the larger groups too (100+ lives) in an urban setting. I have not selected vertical markets yet.

There isn't a single employer offering group health that won't listen to a proposal that will lower healthcare costs for "both" the employer AND their employees.....a win-win proposition.

There isn't a single employer offering group health that won't listen to a proposal that will lower healthcare costs for "both" the employer AND their employees.....a win-win proposition.

Selling on price in the group health insurance marketplace is a great way to achieve sub 80% retention.

Anyone can lower cost for all parties but doing so without a reduction in benefits and major employee disruption is the struggle. Instead, focus on cost-control measures and projecting future costs.

Here's some helpful information for OP:

1.) What's the biggest struggle of your market segment? ACA Reporting, technological integration, ease of administration, employee communication, and/or sustainable cost-control.

2.) How do you solve these problems?

3.) What's your differentiator, and don't you dare say customer service.

4.) How do you pro-actively manage the renewal process? What's the timeline? FFS, show the prospect a clear written (and hopefully illustrated) timeline of the renewal process.

Last edited:
Selling on price in the group health insurance marketplace is a great way to obtain sub 80% retention...

Here's some helpful information for OP:

1.) What's the biggest struggle of your market segment? ACA Reporting, technological integration, ease of administration, employee communication, and/or sustainable cost-control.

2.) How do you solve these problems?

3.) What's your differentiator, and don't you dare say customer service.

4.) How do you pro-actively manage the renewal process? What's the timeline? FFS, show the prospect a clear written (and hopefully illustrated) timeline of the renewal process.

I said nothing about selling on price.....I said offering a viable solution that benefits the pocketbooks of both employers AND employees. Changing their current healthcare plan is not necessary.

I said nothing about selling on price.....I said offering a viable solution that benefits the pocketbooks of both employers AND employees. Changing their current healthcare plan is not necessary.

Sorry change nothing but pay less? Sounds like a great plan!

And, I never claimed it was a plan.....did I?

OK let me run through this in my head real quick.

Phone call to Mr. Prospect:

Mr. Broker: Mr Prospect, how would you feel if I could lower expenses for yourself and your employees?

Mr Prospect: That'd be great. How would you do it?

Mr Broker: Well, I'd need a little bit more understanding about your program first. I have time available on __________. What time works best for you?

Mr Prospect: __________

Mr Broker shows up for appointment and let me guess, steers the conversation a different direction to uncover pain and get away from the premise of why the appointment was set in the first place?

If I'missed missing something here, please feel free to share...

OK let me run through this in my head real quick.

Phone call to Mr. Prospect:

Mr. Broker: Mr Prospect, how would you feel if I could lower expenses for yourself and your employees?

Mr Prospect: That'd be great. How would you do it?

Mr Broker: Well, I'd need a little bit more understanding about your program first. I have time available on __________. What time works best for you?

Mr Prospect: __________

Mr Broker shows up for appointment and let me guess, steers the conversation a different direction to uncover pain and get away from the premise of why the appointment was set in the first place?

If I'missed missing something here, please feel free to share...

As the saying goes....Ignorance is bliss.....:goofy::goofy::goofy:

Back