Why Do Gul Illustrations Only Show the Guaranteed Values?

I've not been selling Gul long . I'm assuming that the illustration shown is the current assumption and if the client misses a few payments over a 3-5 yr period it will run out much earlier than predicted

To broad of a statement. I have several GULs in force where the client has missed payments, reduced face amount and I believe taken loans and the guarantees remained intact.

But you will agree that is NOT the case with all GUL's and that you would not encourage a consumer to think that missing a premium is a good idea.

I was just looking at some illustrations . Example a 54 yr old $250k. To guarantee to age 121 is $269/month. To guarantee to age 90 is $230 . a month. So it looks like if somebody starts at the $269 he can miss 1 1/2 payments a yr and still guarantee it to age 90

I was just looking at some illustrations . Example a 54 yr old $250k. To guarantee to age 121 is $269/month. To guarantee to age 90 is $230 . a month. So it looks like if somebody starts at the $269 he can miss 1 1/2 payments a yr and still guarantee it to age 90

I would damm sure verify that before saying that. Actually, I can not think of a reason to ever say it.

Can anyone explain to me why anyone would buy a level to age 90 no lapse UL product? What insurance need does that actually fit?

No I would never say that. I'm trying to calculate how missing some payments would effect the length of time it's in force . It's important to try to understand how these work

Back