Why Do Gul Illustrations Only Show the Guaranteed Values?

Yeah I realize that now. I thought at first if I used the guaranteed int rate it would make it like a GUL. It does not haha.

Yeah I realize that now. I thought at first if I used the guaranteed int rate it would make it like a GUL. It does not haha.

BTW, Because I have seen companies raise the Cost Of Insurance, especially on older blocks, I tend to be a bit anal about guarantees. Just because a company says "we never have" does not mean they never will.

BTW, Because I have seen companies raise the Cost Of Insurance, especially on older blocks, I tend to be a bit anal about guarantees. Just because a company says "we never have" does not mean they never will.

Even if the management of a company is sincere in their intentions not to raise the COI to the max in the future if a policy form is discontinued, the company that buys them might not have the same intentions.

A good example is when Jefferson Pilot bought the Kentucky Central ULs after KC folded.. Jefferson maxed the COI and dropped the IR to guaranteed minimums.

A good example is when Jefferson Pilot bought the Kentucky Central ULs after KC folded.. Jefferson maxed the COI and dropped the IR to guaranteed minimums.

Very true. And then Lincoln National bought those Jefferson Pilot policies and I serviced a bunch of them that had the COI increased over the years. I think Lincoln raised expenses on one or two of the blocks but most of them had already had the expenses raised before Lincoln ever got them.

Very true. And then Lincoln National bought those Jefferson Pilot policies and I serviced a bunch of them that had the COI increased over the years. I think Lincoln raised expenses on one or two of the blocks but most of them had already had the expenses raised before Lincoln ever got them.

Not just UL, JNL did the same on their ARTs. There are some very low cost arts out there.

Back