robb01

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
So my site is #1 ranking for these keywords:

city = my city

"city auto insurance"
"city home insurance"
"city business insurance"
"city, state auto insurance", etc., etc.

Theres also quite a few high ranking for other keywords too.

We are ranked as A in the local maps for insurance searches, I have a nice clean quote form on my site. I've gotten 4 leads in the past year.

Any ideas?

Care to share the URL?

id pm you if you had it enabled
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
How many searches do those keywords get per month? If it's low, then there's your reason.

any idea on what is a good place to see how many monthly searches are being done for certain keywords?

Last edited:
So my site is #1 ranking for these keywords:

city = my city

"city auto insurance"
"city home insurance"
"city business insurance"
"city, state auto insurance", etc., etc.

Theres also quite a few high ranking for other keywords too.

We are ranked as A in the local maps for insurance searches, I have a nice clean quote form on my site. I've gotten 4 leads in the past year.

Any ideas?

like others have asked, how many searches do u get per month?

you should be getting 10:1 visitor to lead ratio min.

Some visitors/demographics are pikers compared to another state.

If I wanted folks to PM me I would enable it.

If you don't want to post the link, no problem. If it isn't working for you then you don't have to worry about someone from the forum stealing your ideas, do you?

impossible to diagnose anything without seeing your site. but here are a few things you might look at:
-does your site have a compelling call to action?
-are your quote forms too invasive? (quote forms are not the place to ask for vin #'s, D.L. #'s, S.S. #'s,etc.)
-are you tracking the visitors you are getting? if there is an obvious problem with your site, analytics will be very helpful in finding out where and why customers are leaving your site.
-are you only focusing on your city and nowhere else? your insurance license doesn't restrict you from selling outside of your city, so why should your website? go after the entire state.

btw, if you have only been focusing on local customers, I rarely ever get quote requests from locals myself. almost all of my website quote requests come from out of towners. locals are more likely to look up your site and then call you rather than filling out a quote form. so make sure your number is displayed prominently on your site.

hope this helps

Last edited:
I get no leads from my site as well, but i will redo it next year when I go IA. I use it for client to apply for blue cross ins online so i guess its good for something.

One of three things is going on:

1. Nobody's searching for those terms
2. Your site isn't really ranking for those terms (you might see your site show up but remember that results are personalized)
3. People are searching for the terms and your site is showing up, but nobody's clicking on your site

If you haven't done so already, set your site up with Google Webmaster tools. This will tell you how many search results your site is being shown for. If your site is showing up in search results but nobody's clicking on it, work on your meta description.

Back