Why do people stay on overpriced plans?

Rob Lion

Guru
I live in KS, and the majority of people in Kansas are on BCBS, i educated a client showed her everything word for word in the medicare book, showed her a plan from Cigna that could have saved her 50 dollars a month and for some reason she kept expressing how she was worried about the other company not paying the same things no matter how much i showed her or expressed they pay the same exact things.

What do you guys do with stubborn clients with a mass amount of anxiety for switching their med supps?

Your situation is not unique, whether it is health insurance or any other product. And there can be a variety of reasons why these people choose BCBS; ignorance/lack of knowledge, comfort level with the brand, fear of change, suspicious of you, negative brand image of your product, etc. some of these can be overcome, usually through fact finding, but some may not. You have the advantage in that you have much more knowledge than your prospects. Through fact finding you should be able to identify their wedge point and use it in your product recommendation.

Last edited:
I live in KS, and the majority of people in Kansas are on BCBS, i educated a client showed her everything word for word in the medicare book, showed her a plan from Cigna that could have saved her 50 dollars a month and for some reason she kept expressing how she was worried about the other company not paying the same things no matter how much i showed her or expressed they pay the same exact things.

What do you guys do with stubborn clients with a mass amount of anxiety for switching their med supps?

hey sherlock....they are old and....well, old.

I spend about 3 seconds with these types of prospects. I then move on!

The challenge there is that we don't have the same population density that one might find in CA or GA, so I think OP is trying to discover if there are any closing steps that would help him improve his odds in a difficult sit.

Ignorance and lack of trust prevents us from closing everyone. I dont waste much time with them. There is a reason they overpay for years before we come along. Some can be persuaded, but I wont waste much time with the others.

Move on.

Unless you have plenty of time to waste.

majority of people in Kansas are on BCBS

CSG will tell you what % have BX. Probably in the 30% range. An equal amount will have AARP AKA UHC and maybe 20%+ one of the Omaha brands.

Focus on T65 and use your powers of persuasion on them. Otherwise, look for someone who does not have any of the "big 3"

Move on.

Unless you have plenty of time to waste.

CSG will tell you what % have BX. Probably in the 30% range. An equal amount will have AARP AKA UHC and maybe 20%+ one of the Omaha brands.

Focus on T65 and use your powers of persuasion on them. Otherwise, look for someone who does not have any of the "big 3"
I think Rick said 60% of Kansas is BCBS.

Back