Why I still go on appointments

Frank Stastny

Guru
5000 Post Club
Florida
I received a call Monday from a woman going on Medicare. She was a referred to me by one of my clients. She lives in a little town an hour and fifteen minutes from me.

I could have done the app over the phone but she goes on Medicare July 1 and it would have taken several days to mail her the app and for her to send it back to me. I would then have to send it to the company.

To help her get her supplement started as soon as possible I told her I would drive to her place and have her sign the app. The appointment was on yesterday morning so I could get it in the mail that afternoon.

I wrote the app and it just so happened that both her and her husbands parents were there also. (She is 49 and on disability.) After hers was a done deal I asked both sets of parents who they have their insurance with and how much they were paying. I was able to save just her father $107.00 per month.

I went there to write one and ended up writing five.

I drove two hours and thirty minutes round trip, the drive through the country was beautiful and relaxing, I made five new friends, six if you count their dog, and I actually got paid for doing it. I love this job!

I couldn't have done that sitting at home in my underwear.

Speaker phone and a fax machine :D

They live in the country, the real country. A one lane gravel road to their house and I think you have to crank the phone to get the operator. LOL

I still enjoy going on appointments and meeting people like that. They even fixed me lunch, dinner to them, before I left. Some of the greatest people on earth. Their dog was very friendly and cool also.

It would take an act of God to get me back to Chicago.

MY goal for a week is 5. You got that done in 2.35 hours I assume. I went on three appointments yestersay. Iknew I couldn't save 2 of the appointments money but I went anyway. One of them had an annuity paying only 3% and it comes due in august. I typed him up in YIO and I will be making 2k off of him in august.

MY goal for a week is 5. You got that done in 2.35 hours I assume. I went on three appointments yestersay. Iknew I couldn't save 2 of the appointments money but I went anyway. One of them had an annuity paying only 3% and it comes due in august. I typed him up in YIO and I will be making 2k off of him in august.

My goal is also one a day or 5 per week. Actually, with lunch I spent about 3.5 hours there. Hell, I would have spent the whole day there if they wanted me to. I have another referral to write this afternoon and I'm through for the week.

I'm really glad to hear YIO is working so well for you. I know it has helped me and other agents using it make a lot of money. Thanks for your business.

I don't thin I could sell online or over the phone with seniors. I think it would take away the rapport. I think face to face sales will be in the senior market forever.

Yes, YIO is great. Ithasn't made me money yet BUT in november I expect it to make me at least 5 k with all the MA call backs I have to do. THanks alot Frank.

Don't forget Frank, you can indeed just call leads and sign 'em up online. Get used to it. 10 years from now you'll be doing the exact same thing.

I know. I do write business over the phone, however, none of the companies I represent present me with the option of signing them up online. That must be a health insurance thing, is isn't a Med Supp thing right now.

My point was, that if I hadn't elected to go on the appointment and just signed her up over the phone I would not have gotten the other four. Sometimes going on appointments is still a good thing.

The senior market is still a little different than the market you are in. Most seniors, especially the ones who live in the country, are not as high tech as the people you deal with.

I don't thin I could sell online or over the phone with seniors. I think it would take away the rapport. I think face to face sales will be in the senior market forever.

Yes, YIO is great. Ithasn't made me money yet BUT in november I expect it to make me at least 5 k with all the MA call backs I have to do. THanks alot Frank.

I'm with you buddy. They still like it when you go to see them. Maybe 10 years from now when more people are seniors who have been using computers for a long time, but I don't think most of them are ready for that yet.

Latest posts

Back