Why I still go on appointments

2) A Fact Finder is just a outlined sheet of paper to professionally jot down your notes & info on your prospective client. On the front of my fact finder I have a picture of a pie graph showing all areas that we will cover during my visit (Hospital expenses, Doctor charges, Inflation & outliving your savings, final expenses & LTC expenses).

Perhaps you could share a copy of your Fact Finder document with us? Or maybe point us to a site that has a copy of something generic?

Al

Man, senior-advisor, when typed post #23 at 11:08 PM yesterday you got it right: "dual." Less than two hous later when you typed post #26 I think it was time for you to hit the sack. You typed "dule" and "duel." Was that latter one at 50 years with flintlock pistols? :D

Now if we can get the posters to differentiate between "there" and "their" it would make reading the stuff easier. :goofy:

BTW, AZagent great postings. Sounds like you have a good business plan down cold! :cool:

Man, senior-advisor, when typed post #23 at 11:08 PM yesterday you got it right: "dual." Less than two hous later when you typed post #26 I think it was time for you to hit the sack. You typed "dule" and "duel." Was that latter one at 50 years with flintlock pistols? :D

Now if we can get the posters to differentiate between "there" and "their" it would make reading the stuff easier. :goofy:

BTW, AZagent great postings. Sounds like you have a good business plan down cold! :cool:

WOW, I don't know why I spelled it like that. I must have been a lil tipsy. I forgot about the "grammar police" on here. :D

AZ.......I have the same fact finder but I have only used it a handful of times. I am sure you open alot of doors using that.

frank, my bad. For that boo-boo I will give myself 50 lashes with a wet noodle. Too much Tequila!:goofy:

Arnguy,

Tequila is a good thing, especially if one sells insurance. Isn't that a law or something?

However, now it is your turn to: "just write 100 times on a blackboard "I will improve my typing and spelling" and you will be excused from detention!"

I'll probably be the next one.:D

:policeman: :policeman: :policeman: :jiggy: :chatterbox: :chatterbox:

AZagent you are the Man!

I just came from a Bankers Life group interview TODAY and found this board to do some research. Hearing about your newbie bringing in 6K a week sounds incredible.

I work full time stuck at about 60K/Yr technology job - same company for the last seven years. On the side I have been building a business that helps massage therapists market their practice - it's taken almost a year just to get to the stage I'm at now where I just did my first direct mail campaign two weeks ago and another one went out yesterday....anyway...

I just went to the interview to check it out but it's starting to sound really good. I've always been comfortable around Seniors (even used to call bingo at a nursing home) and I love the idea of making appointments to present material if I have a lead from someone who's interested.

Bankers Life gives us leads and has good training, marketing and a long company history so, that sounds good.

Any other things I should look for/ask before I sign with them??
Would REALLY appreciate any advice you have...especially since you said you'll be moving again soon - sounds like you know what to look for in a company. Thanks in advance.

Tim

I rarely go out on appointments today; however I came into the business as an across-the-kitchen-table salesperson. I also got almost all of my appointments from telephone cold calls during the 80s and 90s.

I don't know how I would have learned enough about sales to do what I do today if I hadn't had those experiences. Today, most of my prospects start our relationship by calling or visiting my website. That definitely makes life easier, but I still need phone skills to convert prospects into clients. I know that the people that hung up on me in the 1980s helped to make me a better sales person in the 90s and beyond. I know that sitting down face-to-face with hundreds of couples and seeing their non-verbal reactions made me a better sales person as well.

I am the proud father of a newly licensed insurance agent who, by getting licensed, has doubled the number of agents in my agency. A big part of his early training will involve across-the-kitchen-table selling. I'm not sure that he will write more business during this phase of his training, but I am convinced that he will write more business during his career because of it.

I love being an underwear sales person. (Technically I'm a gym shorts and robe salesperson.) In addition to my 22 year old son that I alluded to earlier, I have a 2 year-old son and a 3 year-old granddaughter. My younger son is cared for by a nanny who comes in while my wife is at work and my granddaughter is cared for by our nanny once a week. Some of the time that I would be spending alone in my car between appointments is invested in the kids. I'm able to play with them and read them stories when business allows. Also four days a week I care for younger my son from 2:30 until 4:30. If I went out on appointments, it would often be difficult to schedule them so that I would be home on time. We could have the nanny stay longer, but trading face-to-face time with a prospect for face-to-face time with my family fits well with our values.

I'm making enough money today doing what I do and desire to spend more time with my family, more time running, more time in the gym and less time working. I doubt that I will go back to selling face-to-face on a regular basis. My son is just starting to build his renewals and savings. He has similar values, but different priorities at this point in his life. I'm training him to be able to sell both over the phone and face-to-face. This will probably be the best way to maximize his earning potential.

The bottom line is, the new technology is great, but we shouldn't learn how to drive and forget to how to walk. I believe in using a synergistic combination of new and old school methods that best fit with your life goals and business goals.

Last edited:
Back