Why is It FMO's, IMO's Etc....

AffordableLife

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Why is it FMO's, IMO's etc. that post on this site (and in general), to recruit agent's make you jump thru hoops to contract with them?

They post how good they are, put links in their signature to websites touting how they can make you a lot of money with there "system". But when you try to contact them about contracting, you get voicemail, no return calls etc.
Email them asking for a return call, and if they respond, they email back "what do you want to know?"

You guys make money off of us agents, but don't want to be bothered. "Just send me the contract and I will send you the link to my crappy training website. And don't forget to assign me your commissions, so I can screw you out of your residuals down the road".

Is there any FMO's that support their agents and want to see them succeed or is it just a numbers game. Bleed them dry til, they give up.

This has just been my observation.

Most of the FMO's/IMO's aren't anything more than a GA. There are a few things afoot. The first is that there are several folks on here trying out new systems and recruiting agents to it before they've battle tested what they're doing, so it's not very polished. Another is that some folks really are just getting contracts because they think that's what a recruiter should do. Many of the folks on here (and elsewhere for that matter) don't answer their phone because they aren't large enough to have an office and pay someone to answer the phones, not calling you back, that's just unprofessional.

Most of the organizations you would call a "good FMO" won't give you much support. If an agent wants a good home they should usually just get high contracts from a true FMO and buy their own leads. There is no way around it.

It is unprofessional and unproductive to not return phone calls. How can an IMO promote their agency without talking to agents. Some agents wont leave a message with the receptionist and say they will call back. It's very helpful when they leave a message and include what they are interested in.

Email is easy, but not as personal or effective. Sometimes I get emails or chats from prospective agents and they simply say "tell me about your system". Thats a little tough to answer, so I have a template email that I send to get the conversation started. If an agent emails me with specific questions, that helps us get to the point more quickly.

To answer your last question, a smart IMO will get an agent trained and producing. I'd rather put in some effort initially and have an agent making money for years. If they make money, I make money. Then the next one I train is not to replace but to add on.

Most of the FMO's/IMO's aren't anything more than a GA. There are a few things afoot. The first is that there are several folks on here trying out new systems and recruiting agents to it before they've battle tested what they're doing, so it's not very polished. Another is that some folks really are just getting contracts because they think that's what a recruiter should do. Many of the folks on here (and elsewhere for that matter) don't answer their phone because they aren't large enough to have an office and pay someone to answer the phones, not calling you back, that's just unprofessional.

Most of the organizations you would call a "good FMO" won't give you much support. If an agent wants a good home they should usually just get high contracts from a true FMO and buy their own leads. There is no way around it.

Yea, I have to agree. We all want to make as much money as possible. I have good contracts with some companies where I could recruit, but I don't. I could not help them much.

It is just frustrating when you wish to contract with a certain company and you can only go thru another GA. I just can't see contracting thru someone that can't at least return your call.

As was discussed on another post, stuff can easily fall through the cracks, it doesn't mean GA's, MGA's, FMO's etc don't care or don't want agents to succeed.

Also email has become an accepted form of communication but I agree, good advice, keep it personal.

Yea, I have to agree. We all want to make as much money as possible. I have good contracts with some companies where I could recruit, but I don't. I could not help them much.

It is just frustrating when you wish to contract with a certain company and you can only go thru another GA. I just can't see contracting thru someone that can't at least return your call.

It is unprofessional and unproductive to not return phone calls. How can an IMO promote their agency without talking to agents. Some agents wont leave a message with the receptionist and say they will call back. It's very helpful when they leave a message and include what they are interested in.

Email is easy, but not as personal or effective. Sometimes I get emails or chats from prospective agents and they simply say "tell me about your system". Thats a little tough to answer, so I have a template email that I send to get the conversation started. If an agent emails me with specific questions, that helps us get to the point more quickly.

To answer your last question, a smart IMO will get an agent trained and producing. I'd rather put in some effort initially and have an agent making money for years. If they make money, I make money. Then the next one I train is not to replace but to add on.

Maybe you should talk to this guy and tell us all how it worked out?

I have a feeling that 'this guy' has responded in this thread already.

But that's just a hunch...

If I'm wrong, I'll start a thread to apologize.

This is well said.

it takes more money and time to keep hiring and training new recruits than it does to maintain an existing sales force. You shoulnd't just hire everyone and see who sticks, you need to say no to those who you think are not a fit and move on.

It's quality not quantity.

Back