Why Motivation is Hurting Your Productivity

I think it was Jim Rohn who said, "if you motivate an ***, then you have a motivated ***." I used to work for a guy who believed motivation is the cure for all work problems. He was saying this as his office numbers were going down in flames.

This is from forbes.com

What do you do to get stated each day in your business?

Do you read, listen, watch something that will get you motivated?

Well, check this out. An interesting perspective on motivation.

Why Motivation is Hurting your Productivity (And How to Fix It) - Forbes

this article states the obvious.
1) start small
2) do something... anything.

are the readers of Forbes.com so dim that these points are a revelation to them?

it amazes me that guys like this can write such obvious, basic articles and they get published.

mediocrity rules.

Mr_Ed said:
1) start small

are the readers of Forbes.com so dim that these points are a revelation to them?

it amazes me that guys like this can write such obvious, basic articles and they get published.

mediocrity rules.

Maybe some people need to put it in perspective and understand the concept before they can take action? I don't disagree with you but it must matter to someone or they wouldn't release it.

1) start small

mediocrity rules.
Wasn't it Vince Lombardi that opened training camp every year by holding a football in his hand and saying to the team "Gentlemen, this is a football."

Very good article, thanks for sharing. Make the calls and good feelings will follow (and dollars). Get yourself pumped up to feel good and don't make the calls, then you will go right back down tomorrow.

Four ways to kill or limit a sales career. Waiting to prospect until you are:

1. More motivated.
2. More confident.
3. Have more knowledge.
4. Have a better sales approach.

This is a Ready, Fire, Aim business until you find something that works for.you.

Very good article, thanks for sharing. Make the calls and good feelings will follow (and dollars). Get yourself pumped up to feel good and don't make the calls, then you will go right back down tomorrow.

Four ways to kill or limit a sales career. Waiting to prospect until you are:

1. More motivated.
2. More confident.
3. Have more knowledge.
4. Have a better sales approach.

This is a Ready, Fire, Aim business until you find something that works for.you.

Very good post Full Throttle!

I never understood the whole Tony Robbins motivational seminar thing - why do you need to be told common-sense ideas? Attack each day! Apply yourself! Don't let anyone get in your way! Etc.

The thing is, people listen to that stuff, and yet they never actually change their habits or daily activities to cause a change in their production.

I like the old Nike slogan - Just Do It.

Back