Why Pay for Quoting Engine?

Hi,

I need a quoting engine for health/life. I do not need crm, website integration, etc. Just a good quoting engine to give me quotes quick. I'm new so I don't have a good "feel" for things yet.

I have looked at the big guys like Norvax and Quoteit and they both have basic quote engines I can pay for. My question is: why? If I can just go to one of thousands of agent websites that already integrate these systems and just run quotes for free, why would I pay money for a quoting engine?

I'm not posting this to start an argument or to make a point. It's an honest question from a new guy with a limited budget. Am I right or am I missing something because of my inexperience?

Thanks!

Here.....

Term4Sale.com - Term life insurance comparisons (over 100 companies)

Health Insurance - Find Affordable Health Care Coverage and Buy Medical Insurance Plans Online

Hi,

I need a quoting engine for health/life. I do not need crm, website integration, etc. Just a good quoting engine to give me quotes quick. I'm new so I don't have a good "feel" for things yet.

I have looked at the big guys like Norvax and Quoteit and they both have basic quote engines I can pay for. My question is: why? If I can just go to one of thousands of agent websites that already integrate these systems and just run quotes for free, why would I pay money for a quoting engine?

I'm not posting this to start an argument or to make a point. It's an honest question from a new guy with a limited budget. Am I right or am I missing something because of my inexperience?

Thanks!

Hi,

Thanks!

Two comments:

1) You can do that - just use Ehealth as your quote engine.

2) If you're coming into this business without $70 or so per month available for a quote engine, your chances of making it are between 0 and none.

Two comments:

2) If you're coming into this business without $70 or so per month available for a quote engine, your chances of making it are between 0 and none.

That's true....

Though I still use ehealth sometimes for carriers like coventry and avmed down here in south fla, to see if what they got...

But if you're going to buy internet leads w/out a quote engine AND an autoresponder you are SOL 99% of the time.

Right, but this is one of many little things that add up and I can use that $70 elsewhere unless there is a really compelling reason to spend it here. Thanks for the feedback!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
But if you're going to buy internet leads w/out a quote engine AND an autoresponder you are SOL 99% of the time.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm not focusing on internet marketing at the moment but this is a good thing to consider in the future when I do.

Last edited:
If you have not done so. Take the free couple months from compulife. Try it out. If it works for you buy it. It is cheap compared to the Health engines. If by chance you are a member of ILIAA, it is on their site for free. Term4sale.com if a good free option. There are advantages of having an Agent copy on your laptop, phone, PDA. It also includes ROP and GUL. Not sure if the free version does. I use it as much to check the competition as I do to quote.

You are smart to keep an eye on your cost. Just do not be "pound foolish"

Good luck.

EDIT: the above is if you need it for Term, GUL or ROP. He has some SIWL also.

Hi,

Thanks!

Last edited:
Back