Why use you?

saieddie

Guru
100+ Post Club
What do you say when a client asks you this question? I usually say something like: I'm an independent insurance agent and work for my clients. I've researched all the companies I use to find the best mix of quality and price so that I always feel confident when I give my offers to my clients.

Pretty well said.

To add to what you've said, I would relay to the prospect/client that "there is no logo or name on my briefcase. If I came to you with State Farm, Prudential, or Met Life, that would be the only product(s) I could show you.

Because I am independent, I am able to "shop around" on your behalf.

Being an independent, I have researched different companies, and can tell you, with certainty, that no one company is the best for all people. Each insurance company has it's niche. What I do for you, is find the best opportunity, based on the information you provide, and what fits within your budgetary requirements.

More than anything else, I take all that industry jargon, and put it in terms you can understand. It is my belief that, if someone fully understands what they are getting into - the good, the bad, and the ugly - then nearly 100% of the complaints about the product, and the company, go out the window.

I don't charge a fee, and you are under no obligation to work with me. Allow me the opportunity to show you what type of a person, and professional, I am. Then, you can make your decision at that point, fair enough?"

That's great Bob - I also let everyone know I don't charge a fee. You'd be very surprised the number of clients who think you charge a fee and maybe the reason some of them aren't getting back to you is they think there's a fee for the service.

I echo what everybody has said. I do emphasize that I am "local" and that my office is extremely charitable in the community.

By the way Bob...MetLife agents have access to virtually every major company (through their General Agency).

From our website: www.insurancesolutions123.com

There are two, and only two, things you must know about us.

We are honest.
We know the insurance business.

We will tell you what no other agency will tell you, but which you already know. The entire healthcare system is broken... and you can't fix it and we can't fix it. The best we can do is "mitigate" it.
Al

I also tell all my prospects that it's at least a day for me to get back to them with quotes and recommendations. Not only does that let them know you're putting in a lot of effort it also gives you a chance to do a thorough pre-screen with your insurance companies to find out about pre-ex conditions and properly rate the quotes or let the client know about any potential riders.

When underwriting is an issue I also tell them I'll show them offers from 2 or three companies. That way it's not a "yes or no" to a 25% rate increase - it's choosing the offer. Ex:

"Ok Tim, if you check your email you'll see that since you're on two medications, are slightly overweight and have high blood pressure that Company A will do "this" to you, company B will do "that" and company C will decline."

That's a great way for near 100% placement.

I used to work for Met, and even though they may have access to alot of other carriers, agents are discouraged from going with other carriers thru the use of decreased commissions and proprietary product minimums.

I echo what everybody has said. I do emphasize that I am "local" and that my office is extremely charitable in the community.

By the way Bob...MetLife agents have access to virtually every major company (through their General Agency).

I prefer not to be specific...but I don't find that true at all. In some cases, commissions are HIGHER, not lower.

Perhaps the key phrase here is you "used" to work for Met.

What happens if all you sell is MetGA business? You won't be there long, huh?
I used to work for Met because I can offer ALL their products that I want, as well as other companies when Met falls short.(like their health plan - oh wait, what health plan?)

Back