Why We Don't Use Quotit

souldeux

Guru
1000 Post Club
Rick and I thought about picking up Quotit a few months ago for a side project, where we'd need to quote Medicare Supplements. I don't know if any of you guys are thinking about working with them, but I wanted to share our experience in order to hopefully save you a headache.

We signed up for a free trial with Quotit, and tried to attend their training on July 7th. I registered for that training and received an email stating that I was going to get a link emailed to me so that I could attend. I didn’t receive that link, I didn’t receive any reply to my email asking for the link, and when I called them they told me to just wait for it to show up. That was after the webinar was over.

I re-registered for another training session on 7.13, and again couldn’t get the link until I called Quotit twice before the session started and asked for it. Once I was finally able to attend the training session, which was 45 minutes and covered absolutely nothing that we needed to know, I was told that ePro Medicare Quoting was not available during the free trial period.

From 7.16 to 7.23 I tried to get our sales rep to send me a working link to sign up for a paid version of Quotit so that we could actually get the Medicare quote engine working. He sent me multiple broken links, and I have screenshots of the myriad error messages I encountered while trying to slog through the horseshit he sent me. It took a week for them to get us a working link to even sign up for their platform.

Despite telling our rep multiple times that the only reason we were signing up for Quotit was for ePro Medicare quotes, it took another four days for them to get the ePro side of our account set up.

On 7.28 I sent Ken another email because the lead capture form on our website was not working. I could not log into Quotit to diagnose the problem myself that morning because my IP address was being blocked repeatedly. I notified Quotit’s support team about this issue, and they informed me that it was impossible to be blocked like that unless I had multiple tabs of Quotit open or had been idle for 15 minutes. Neither one was the case, and the issue mysteriously resolved and reappeared randomly throughout the brief and horrible time we used Quotit. Every time, Quotit’s staff simply denied that the problem existed. Regarding the lead capture form, our sales rep told me to “turn it off and back on again.” This, shockingly, worked. It also did not inspire any confidence in the stability of the platform.

This was the last time I spoke directly with our sales rep, because he was utterly unprofessional and frankly insulting during our conversation. When I told him about the issues we were having, he replied by bitching about how hard it was to come back to work after being on vacation - and about how he was having a bad day, because he was driving back home at the moment to stop his wife complaining about some problem with the plumbing at their house.

From 8.1 through 8.10 we tried to get Quotit to work properly. We opened nearly a dozen support tickets for various issues, including:

1. Our custom ePro banner simply would not update consistently. Sometimes it needed to be saved ten or fifteen times before the changes actually propagated. Sometimes it only needed to be saved once, but you had to wait three or four hours. Sometimes the changes would be saved on the back-end but not display on the front-end. Quotit’s support staff told me that this issue did not exist.

2. We were repeatedly locked out of Quotit by their poorly designed IP-logging system. Again, Quotit simply denied that we were having this problem.

3. Multiple links in the Quotit backend are unusable on a Mac. Click them and you get an error message that says “Failed! Use Internet Explorer.” I brought this up with Quotit’s support staff, and they told me that their platform was fully Mac-compatible. I explained the issue I was having. They advised me to download Internet Explorer for Mac, a program which was discontinued twelve years ago.

On 8.11 I emailed our rep one last time informing him that we were officially done and that we wanted to cancel immediately. He did not reply, but I did receive an utterly condescending call from someone else at Quotit named Jim. He asked me why I wanted to cancel. I told him that we were having issue after issue after issue with Quotit, and that their tech support was simply denying that any of the issues existed. I told him that the platform is unstable and that we’re not interested in using it. He replied by telling me that they had plenty of satisfied users in my area and that I would understand how to use the system if I just attended one of their training sessions. I told Jim that I had indeed attended one of their training sessions, and that I didn’t care about the other satisfied users in my area. Jim, like everyone else at Quotit, went on to deny that any of the issues I’ve mentioned so far actually existed.

During this entire time we had one person run a quote, and it didn’t even work properly. Since he was 63 it came through marked as “IFP Health Off-Exchange” when in reality he was already eligible for Medicare and should’ve been run as “IFP Medigap Quote.” Literally the one time a consumer used this damn thing it didn’t work, after a month of having not worked for us.

Quotit refuses to acknowledge the issues we've experienced with their service and has refused to cancel our account without further payment. Be aware of what you're getting into if you sign up with these guys. The product, in my opinion, does not come CLOSE to justifying the hassle. If you're thinking about Quotit, our recommendation is to look elsewhere.

Plus we're out $229 for the one month of non-service. Next stop, small claims court since my credit card company refused to reverse the charge.

Rick

Thanks for sharing this. I too was looking for input on Quotit and you've provided exactly what I had hoped to avoid.

Hats off gents.

Thanks for the update guys. I had no intention of using them, but now I really won't and hopefully others read this and it costs Quotit some money.

Thanks for the time save! Now I can get rid of their email that I'd been sitting on.

Company I work for has been using

medicarequotingtool.com

for longer than I've been here.

Seems to work alright.

Thought I'd put this to bed. I contacted Jim Cromer on October 15. He promised to find out what happened and take care of things by "tomorrow."

One week passed. Nothing.

Two weeks passed. Nothing.

I sent an email asking why he hadn't responded on Tuesday 11/10. He said a refund had been sent the prior Thursday.

While we wound up getting our money back (and rightly so), the lack of communication and customer care from the Vice President of Quotit on down says all I need to know about them.

Very sorry we ever got involved with such a 2nd rate company.

Rick

Back