Why Your Clients Are Scumbags

insurance1822

Guru
1000 Post Club
I insured a family who's father passed away unexpectedly about 3 years ago. My agency helped raise about $2,500 for the family (not much money BUT we made an effort to ask our network to assist.)

Well they just left my agency for E-surance. They wouldn't even let us requote them because "they already made the switch!!!!!!"

This is why I am NEVER going out of my way for my clients again. They are all scum bags who don't appreciate anything we do. I do my job & nothing above and beyond because people just burn you left & right.

My guess is they saved about $10 every six months going from 100/300 to 20/40 or whatever your state minimum liability limits are. I just can't see in this day and age how Esurance would have the upper hand unless you're cutting coverages. Especially with you being an independent and having many different carriers.

But yeah, I'm right with you, you try to be nice and go out of your way to get them a $10 discount here, $10 there because you understand price is their biggest obstacle, but they genuinely want - or seem like they want - to get insurance. And then they no-pay the next month, and all you can think about is how you should have gone with your gut instinct knowing they just wanted to get a COI to get tags.

I insured a family who's father passed away unexpectedly about 3 years ago. My agency helped raise about $2,500 for the family (not much money BUT we made an effort to ask our network to assist.)

Well they just left my agency for E-surance. They wouldn't even let us requote them because "they already made the switch!!!!!!"

This is why I am NEVER going out of my way for my clients again. They are all scum bags who don't appreciate anything we do. I do my job & nothing above and beyond because people just burn you left & right.

That's terrible, I'm guessing you did that because you're a good person and not because you cared about the sale. And if you're a good person who does good things for people, I hope you don't allow one person ruin that for other people that may need you one day.

Well I just got a call from the mother who put a stop to this as soon as she found out the daughter tried to switch things. I saved the account.

And yes I knew that I made a choice to do the right thing & help them out & I would never use that as leverage to keep their business. I just figured if this ever happened I would get the courtesy to match or beat the rate. Which...the mother just did. Soooo a bit of an over-reaction on my part

I had a customer/friend of mine who I wrote homeowners insurance for a few years ago. She had gotten into a very bad snowmobile accident and had to be airlifted, major surgery and medical bills were all starting to add up. I had noticed on Facebook that they had started a GoFundMe, which I thought was kind of odd, since her accident was a result of her driving too fast on her snowmobile and hitting a tree...but whatever I decided to donate $100 of my own money to help.

A few weeks go by and I notice that their policy is behind on payments, so I reach out to see if I can offer any assistance, prolong billing, call the carrier and explain what's going on...no response. Policy cancels.

Another few weeks go by and I get a phone call from her fiance screaming, swearing and yelling at me that he can't believe that we wouldn't just pay the bill and let him reimburse us or that the carrier would want their money so bad when they were in such financial trouble (meanwhile, their gofundme raised 2.5x the original amount needed)

Anyways, he ended up moving the policy, defriended me on facebook, even went into his fiance's facebook page and defriended me (I graduated with her, rode dirtbikes, atvs, etc...)

Some people are just so rude and disrespectful, it's disgusting. That will definitely make me think twice about about donating my personal money to someone next time. You just never know who will get their hands on that money.

I couldn't agree more.

Lost an account today. Home, couple cars and umbrella to Liberty Mutual - guy saved $500/year. Serviced this old man for years. He even had an at fault 1 1/2 years ago - hit a pedestrian. BI payout $21,000. This dude is 85 years old! Held his hand thru that, helped him out at renewal times. And he was pissed that his rates went up with the claim. Good riddance.

The worst for me was the lady who lied and told me her cancer was back. I called customer service for the carrier and ended up calling the marketing rep for a favor to make sure her policy did not cancel. The next day she posted on Facebook that the cable company was just at her house to hook up her cable and HBO, then she bragged about all this Christmas shopping she did that day. You just don't lie about cancer.

Ha, if I was going to get a tattoo on my head it would say-
'I do not care about your BS story'

been down that road before. People look out for themselves, I guess you can't take it personal. Sometimes it's good riddance....

Lying abut cancer is pretty bad tho

Back