Wife needs health insurance

capnjim01

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
I all,
My wife needs health coverage. Her job ran out she is now off COBRA and she need health insurance.
Any good suggestion?

I don't mess with Obamacare but either your wife waited too long after expiry of her SEP rights or failed to ask the right questions.

Rolling off of COBRA coverage is a qualifying event that opens a special enrollment period for you to purchase your own health coverage.

You only have a short time (from 60 days before until 60 days after you lose coverage) to make health insurance changes. Missing the deadline means you may wait for up to 10 months for the next open enrollment period.

Losing COBRA benefits is actually an opportunity knocking | UnitedHealthOne

It’s tough to find agents still in the Health game but what state are you in?

And if she is truly out of her enrollment time (she missed her sep), she’s pretty limited

We now in Texas. She thought she was going to find a job when we got here but that didn't happen and she went past her COBRA window. Seems like they were late in getting the paper work to her and time ran out. Thanks for replying

We now in Texas. She thought she was going to find a job when we got here but that didn't happen and she went past her COBRA window. Seems like they were late in getting the paper work to her and time ran out. Thanks for replying
when did you move to texas.....just moving to texas is a sep within its self.....you have 3 months,,,,,,,run rates here....HealthSherpa | Fast, Easy Obamacare Enrollment

Back