Will BBB Backlink Help SEO?

Todd Payne

Expert
I'm considering joining the BBB and am wondering if there is any SEO benefit to the backlink from them? They are saying that it helps ranking, but of course that's their spiel...

Aside from SEO, anyone a BBB member, and has it been worth it? They are quoting me about $40/month.

lol $40 a mo? if ur honestly just want it for the backlink, u would be better served spending the money elsewhere.

however, if the credibility that u gain from the bbb logo is worth the 40 a mo to u, then thats a diff story

I know if you look at the top people for some very high comp terms they have the paid BBB and quite a few actually link outward to the BBB.

It leads me to believe there is some reason they feel the outbound link is helpful in seo, but I have no proof or testing to confirm that.

It's probably a minimal boost that is good for people who are in ultra competitive niches.

There are so many other useful SEO tools you could spend $40 a month on, so to answer your question NO. I would highly doubt that in any case adding this one link caused any appreciable rise in a site's SERPs.

It can be great for credibility though, even though it's a pitch which is exactly what they gave you when they told you it would help your rankings.

Latest posts

Back