Will Medicare Business End when Healthcare is Nationalized in the USA?

Hybrids could work, like they do in Switzerland, https://www.forbes.com/forbes/welco....google.com/&referrer=https://www.google.com/
with all coverage defined by gov't regs, sold by private carriers. No mention of agent involvement or not.
I would anticipate something like MAPD's for all or also supplements if we did do Medicare for all.
Would they turn it into something like how Medicaid works, where there are no agents?
As Todd and others have said, it will be a slow moving situation.

Actually, China does not have universal healthcare. The City-States of Hong Kong and Singapore have it though.

As we define Universal Healthcare. it usually defines it as free or a major portion of the cost is paid.....

China has about 95% of its population covered for basic care, but only pays for about 50% of the cost of its benefits/coverage.

Skipper.

----------

Guess what.... The SKY is falling.... I saw Obama wipe out Health insurance with a swipe of the pen...... All they need is a new pen to wipe out Med Sups.

It is coming sooner. I've seen people say for 30 years it couldn't happen in Health care...... well?

I didn't say it wouldn't ever fall, just that it isn't right now nor has it been. I'll deal with it when/if it happens. Meanwhile, life goes on and we make sales and money. Until the end, I will milk it and put money in my pocket. I don't see a reason to avoid it just because the great soothsayers of our time (and their mind) think it's going away just any day now. It would have been ridiculous for me to heed their advice for all these years, so I don't think I'll start now. :no:

After all of the concern that agents would be cut out of IFP, those of us that stayed in the game are still reaping the benefits.

The current shift (Iowa and OK) for IFP is to eliminate the FFM and go direct to the carriers, with only the carriers and agents as "enrollers". Bring it on, baby. Bring it on. Those waivers need to get passed yesterday. I will be more than happy to be the only option besides an 800 number again....

ARE YOU MAD???
How do you think the economy will fare if you wipe out $Billion dollar companies and the people they employ???
Say it with me "DEEP DEPRESSION FOR 50 YEARS!"
There's no way they'll just wipe out 1/6 of the economy.
There aren't enough jobs to soak up the unemployed.
GDP would drop 15%
Why not spend your time analyzing the pimples on your ass instead of wasting everyone's time with ALARMIST postings.
Asshole

Actually, China does not have universal healthcare. The City-States of Hong Kong and Singapore have it though.

As we define Universal Healthcare. it usually defines it as free or a major portion of the cost is paid.....

China has about 95% of its population covered for basic care, but only pays for about 50% of the cost of its benefits/coverage.

Skipper.

----------

OK. I stand corrected. :)

The point is though that each country, the majority of the world, has some sort of "universal" health care. We do to...it's called Medicare and it actually works pretty well.

The American health care system is broken to some degree (exactly how broken is open to debate). I fully expect there to be band-aids applied and for us to move towards more of a "Medicare for all" system with private supplements.

Why would Medicare for all be different than Medicare for 65+ as far as supplements go?

If the Democrats really wanted to fix things they would work with the current president and get things done. They're doing nothing but blocking everything now aren't they? Why would that change if another one ever gets elected?

Obamacare barely passed, and it would never have passed had it ended Medicare as we know it. It was Dems like Max Baucus who shot down the Public Option. The Dems are a lot more radical now, but I'd be surprised if they'd completely wipe away Medicare along with doing their "Medicare for all" in the U65 market.

Medicare has no stop loss (MOOP) now and is still somewhat antiquated in its design with the separate Parts A and B. In that sense, it is worse than Obamacare. (There are of course a ton of ways in which it is better, with access to care probably being #1.) I have no idea whether or not the politicians and activists who say "Medicare for all!!!" realize that. Any kind of Medicare for All that has a decent MOOP is going to be way more expensive than Medicare is now.

Do you think AARP is going to back a law that gets rid of Med Supps?

----------

Do you mean Macau? Singapore isn't part of China, although from what I understand they do have universal coverage.

I agree with OP. Medicare is a horrible business model and every agent, especially in Pennsylvania, should get out of this marketplace immediately. There is simply no future in seling MA/MS. After all, all it will take is a Democratic President and Congress to get this done. Washington is very good at passing complicated stuff like this. GET OUT NOW!

I agree with OP. Medicare is a horrible business model and every agent, especially in Pennsylvania, should get out of this marketplace immediately. There is simply no future in seling MA/MS. After all, all it will take is a Democratic President and Congress to get this done. Washington is very good at passing complicated stuff like this. GET OUT NOW!

I would like to second this argument. I am very concerned about those agents that persist in U65 and Medicare, in NC and SC, and feel that it is best for them to find other lines of work, now, before it's too late.

Back