Will my medical history cause me issues?

itsmealy

When I was 16 I was prescribed a common anti depressant by my GP as a one off thing but never ended up taking it as I could do without. I also was prescribed benzos a couple of times for minor sleep issues in the past.
I haven't been prescribed any medication for a couple of years now. I'm mentally healthy, a healthy weight, non smoker, drug free etc. I am now 20 yrs old and in the near-ish future I would like to get life insurance,
will my medical history cause me issues or be used against me? Thank you.

Find an agent who will do a pre-underwriting for you. There are different names for this but basically the agent takes your situation and a underwriter reviews and lets you know where you would end up. If nothing, a rating or a decline. The nice thing is they do not make a record of your request that could be used against you elsewhere.

Find an agent who will do a pre-underwriting for you. There are different names for this but basically the agent takes your situation and a underwriter reviews and lets you know where you would end up. If nothing, a rating or a decline. The nice thing is they do not make a record of your request that could be used against you elsewhere.

Thanks! and I hear it's unwise to purchase life insurance online, correct?

Unwise? Possibly. Really depends on what you want and who they are. If they are a volume marketer then expect a short conversation with an agent then being past off to be processed. Some people are very comfortable with that. I use USAA for my P&C insurance. I call an 800 number and speak to whoever answers.

My clients call, email or text me. Changes, questions billing issues, they talk to me. I have their file and notes. If they die, their beneficiaries speak to me. I handle the claim to conclusion. Not all clients call me for service, but they all have the option. The premium is the same if they use an internet salesman or a personal agent.

I would definitely suggest using an independent agent as opposed to a captive agent.

I am now 20 yrs old and in the near-ish future I would like to get life insurance, will my medical history cause me issues or be used against me? Thank you.

Can I ask why you need life insurance and how much your planning or trying to buy?

Are you getting married?

It's going to depend on what makes you comfortable to work with. I do sell a lot online as I am willing to communicate in a way that works for my client. When I started agents used to go to the home, stay for 4 or 5 hours and get an app to make them go away. I couldn't stand that, so I began to sell like I wanted to be treated. Respect my time, answer my questions over a sales pitch and be willing to write down my answers for the client.

For close to 30 years that's worked well enough for me to still be here.

But honestly, seek someone who will work with you as best they can. I may email you an answer to your question at 2 in the morning because I am up and have time.

Here's my pet peeve though and try to avoid this.. please don't call an agent and give them just your name and number... man pisses me off. Adds extra calls and steps to what may be a simple answer to a question. Tell me what you want to know and I will get you an answer, possibly without ever speaking to you directly. My clients seem to love that. Good luck.

Back