Windows Vista

Expat

Guru
1000 Post Club
Does anyone know if it is feasible to upgrade from Windows XP to Vista.
I have heard on the grapevine that most Insurance companies’ software is not compatible with Vista. Can anyone shed any light on this subject?

Personally, I never "beta" anything, especially an OS. I upgraded from 2000 to XP last year. Will probably wait 2 yrs at least on Vista.

If I need a new computer in the interim, and I never buy "new", always one that was only used on Sunday by a little old lady, I will buy it with XP.

You can ask your carriers, but my guess is most of them are behind the curve on Vista. Some of their software still runs on 95. Haven't seen any DOS software in a while, so that is a good sign . . .

I have a laptop with Vista... not too many incompatibillities with insurance software, but I have problems with my Lexmark printers and driver support is horrendous.. I've spent hours I could be selling messing with Vista problems.. Don't upgrade!!! I've thought about saving all my files and reverting to XP on the laptop

Not to mention it's a resource hog.. You really need a dual core processor and at the LEAST 1GB of RAM. Vista has some cool features, but they do not outweigh the current problems!

I'm the "if it's not broke then don't fix it" guy. I'd be on 2000 if it wasn't for a buddy of mine who installed XP for free. I don't need to launch the space shuttle. I need to read and compose email, run rates and get online. I could still be using my old 386 and probably run everything just fine.

Vista

I have a laptop with Vista... not too many incompatibillities with insurance software, but I have problems with my Lexmark printers and driver support is horrendous.. I've spent hours I could be selling messing with Vista problems.. Don't upgrade!!! I've thought about saving all my files and reverting to XP on the laptop

Not to mention it's a resource hog.. You really need a dual core processor and at the LEAST 1GB of RAM. Vista has some cool features, but they do not outweigh the current problems!

Thanks, I have the Dual core/1 MG, but I think that I will hang on to XP for couple more years. Plus I think that BCBS Texas still uses parchment and quill pens for a lot of their functions.

If it"s not broke

I'm the "if it's not broke then don't fix it" guy. I'd be on 2000 if it wasn't for a buddy of mine who installed XP for free. I don't need to launch the space shuttle. I need to read and compose email, run rates and get online. I could still be using my old 386 and probably run everything just fine.

I had my old computer for 8 years, (Pentium3/333mghz Win98) however Fortis software would not show properly and ran at the speed of molasses in December. In a case like that you have no option but to upgrade.

When you guys are all done talking about computers let us know how the last Star Trek Convention went will ya!!!!!

Back