Windsor MAPD Question

roadrunner

Super Genius
Had an appointment today with a client that currently has a Windsor MAPD. Her doctor is no longer going to be accepting this carrier. Wrote her a new plan.

Client just called and asked if the new plan would pay for "Life Link" a medical alert service. I told her I did not think it would, but I would check into it. She seems to think that her Windsor MAPD was paying for this.

I went to Windsor webpage to see if I could find any information, and I do not see anything mentioned. Doesn't appear to be a value added service.

I called the carrier that I wrote her with and they say that they will not cover this type of service.

I am thinking that perhaps the client signed up for this seperately. I asked if she had any paperwork or a phone number for the service and she said no.

I know that this is important to her. She lives alone, with no family near by.

Is there anyone who knows if Windsor does provide this and if so exactly what it is?
:swoon:

Had an appointment today with a client that currently has a Windsor MAPD. Her doctor is no longer going to be accepting this carrier. Wrote her a new plan.

Client just called and asked if the new plan would pay for "Life Link" a medical alert service. I told her I did not think it would, but I would check into it. She seems to think that her Windsor MAPD was paying for this.

I went to Windsor webpage to see if I could find any information, and I do not see anything mentioned. Doesn't appear to be a value added service.

I called the carrier that I wrote her with and they say that they will not cover this type of service.

I am thinking that perhaps the client signed up for this seperately. I asked if she had any paperwork or a phone number for the service and she said no.

I know that this is important to her. She lives alone, with no family near by.

Is there anyone who knows if Windsor does provide this and if so exactly what it is?
:swoon:

What was the SEP?

Humana offers discounts for Life Alert with their Value Added. Not sure about Windsor.

Yes, Windsor will pay for the medical alert system . The member has to meet a few qualifications, which your client obviously does.

Windsor has done a pretty good job of retaining members with the little freebies that people living above the poverty line take for granted.

Thanks.. I just wanted to be sure it was a "freebie".

So, now she needs to decide between keeping her Primary Care Doctor

or changing to keep the "freebie".

She has had this PCP for over 15 years, and she was very upset at the idea of having to possibly change.

bpenn9 - do you know what the final cost is with humana? I actually just put contracting in with them, but do not have access to their broker portal yet. But that might be a solution that would allow her to keep her PCP and get the item she wants if it isn't too expensive..

Thanks.. I just wanted to be sure it was a "freebie".

So, now she needs to decide between keeping her Primary Care Doctor

or changing to keep the "freebie".

She has had this PCP for over 15 years, and she was very upset at the idea of having to possibly change.

bpenn9 - do you know what the final cost is with humana? I actually just put contracting in with them, but do not have access to their broker portal yet. But that might be a solution that would allow her to keep her PCP and get the item she wants if it isn't too expensive..

It's Lifeline. Free activation and $35 a month.

Back