Winning MAPD Business ?

THIS ^^^^^

Odd how people think they will pay more by using an agent, yet they are willing to accept a $0 premium plan, no questions asked.

l.jpg

I find that people like to know what's in it for you as an agent. Same as in FE, clients hate to know that you are profiting on them. As good as Medicare renewals are the year one commissions aren't impressive to anyone, including the beneficiaries :)

I find that people like to know what's in it for you as an agent. Same as in FE, clients hate to know that you are profiting on them. As good as Medicare renewals are the year one commissions aren't impressive to anyone, including the beneficiaries :)

But what reasonable prospect would think otherwise?

Of course we get paid... and we should.

clients hate to know that you are profiting on them.

I can certainly be wrong on this. But I'm convinced that this is in your head, not their head.

In my mind, my clients want me to earn a living and put food on the table.

I could be wrong, but even if I am in actuality, I'd rather think about it in those terms... I enjoy my work more and I think it may help make more sales.

My basis was Final Expense so maybe I'm a little jaded. I can agree that once these people feel like they have someone really taking care of them the compensation factor does indeed take a back seat. I still let them know that in not getting rich on them.

My basis was Final Expense so maybe I'm a little jaded. I can agree that once these people feel like they have someone really taking care of them the compensation factor does indeed take a back seat. I still let them know that in not getting rich on them.

I Understand, The dif ( I mean I don't do FE but I understand its different) with my clients (I Do about 75% medsupp 25% MA0 No Medicaid) I find most of my clients want to know I am not starving as well, they want to know you have a stake in their case and want to fight for them

Even your FE clients don't care that you are making money.

No prospect worth having resents you for making money. They just don't want you to make a killing. No one wants a salesman to get rich off them, but good prospects don't mind you getting paid.

And the annuity prospect, where you make 6 to 7k? Even that is more in your head than reality.

Even your FE clients don't care that you are making money.

No prospect worth having resents you for making money. They just don't want you to make a killing. No one wants a salesman to get rich off them, but good prospects don't mind you getting paid.

And the annuity prospect, where you make 6 to 7k? Even that is more in your head than reality.
I think most people would prefer to do business with someone who's successful, so it wouldn't make sense for them to begrudge us for making a good living.

Are you going to use a lawyer that charges half as much as the going rate, or are you going to use one that's successful? I'd want the shark. :yes:

I agree with you. Just like many of our concerns in selling, it's all about how we feel about it. Positive or negative...it's all in our head.

I think most people would prefer to do business with someone who's successful, so it wouldn't make sense for them to begrudge us for making a good living.

Are you going to use a lawyer that charges half as much as the going rate, or are you going to use one that's successful? I'd want the shark. :yes:

I agree with you. Just like many of our concerns in selling, it's all about how we feel about it. Positive or negative...it's all in our head.

I don't want to do business with the guy who is struggling, nor do I want to do business with the guy who is blowing it out of the water.

I want the guy who is doing alright and is very comfortable. The guy who is struggling is apt to cut corners or do something shady. And even if not, who wants to do business with a loser?

The guy who is blowing it out of the water, you always have to wonder is he going to take me to the cleaners or is unethical? Doing too well is suspicious.

And of course, this is just my belief, I'm sure others view it differently.

Back