Winning MAPD Business ?

I don't want to do business with the guy who is struggling, nor do I want to do business with the guy who is blowing it out of the water.

I want the guy who is doing alright and is very comfortable. The guy who is struggling is apt to cut corners or do something shady. And even if not, who wants to do business with a loser?

The guy who is blowing it out of the water, you always have to wonder is he going to take me to the cleaners or is unethical? Doing too well is suspicious.

And of course, this is just my belief, I'm sure others view it differently.

I don't mind a sales person is doing very well but if they are and trying to hard close me then there is an issue

100% on not wanting to do buis with a failing salesperson

I don't want to do business with the guy who is struggling, nor do I want to do business with the guy who is blowing it out of the water.

I want the guy who is doing alright and is very comfortable. The guy who is struggling is apt to cut corners or do something shady. And even if not, who wants to do business with a loser?

The guy who is blowing it out of the water, you always have to wonder is he going to take me to the cleaners or is unethical? Doing too well is suspicious.

And of course, this is just my belief, I'm sure others view it differently.
Good point.

I don't mind a sales person is doing very well but if they are and trying to hard close me then there is an issue

Exactly, and usually the comfortable guys aren't hard closers. They don't have to be because they aren't struggling, and they aren't looking to be the best so they'll accept a no.

They do a good job and know it will all shake out in the end.

In 8 years selling plans from $0 MAPD to Plan F I've been asked maybe 5 times "what's in it for me.""

Different prospect/client profile maybe. I frequently deal with people who've run companies, negotiated service contracts for thousands of employees, etc. My guess is they ask out of habit. They like to know what my economic incentives (or lack of incentives) may be to emphasize (or diminish) aspects of their Medicare coverage options. They've experienced how those incentives can impact the information they obtain that shapes their decisionmaking in other purchasing decisions, and they apply the same "risk management" strategies in interpreting the advice I (and other service providers they might hire) give them.

Compensation doesn't come up with every client - probably not even most - but it appears it may happen more frequently for me than in your experience.

Different prospect/client profile maybe. I frequently deal with people who've run companies, negotiated service contracts for thousands of employees, etc. My guess is they ask out of habit. They like to know what my economic incentives (or lack of incentives) may be to emphasize (or diminish) aspects of their Medicare coverage options. They've experienced how those incentives can impact the information they obtain that shapes their decisionmaking in other purchasing decisions, and they apply the same "risk management" strategies in interpreting the advice I (and other service providers they might hire) give them.

Compensation doesn't come up with every client - probably not even most - but it appears it may happen more frequently for me than in your experience.

Maybe that is the issue, Most people I speak with at that level tend to be more medsupp clients when explained the difference between the two, Especially the part about OE and that it ends

Back