Winter Time in Virginia.

VaDwayne

Guru
1000 Post Club
Why would someone want to live in a nice sunny place, possibly the beach, when you could put up with this weather? HA-HA This was taken today

Attachments

• S6300121.JPG
    S6300121.JPG
    456.4 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
Hey Dwayne,

I take it your in central or western virginia...we have the rain down here in Williamsburg but no snow so far. Either way I don't really plan on going out this weekend.

Hey Dwayne,

I take it your in central or western virginia...we have the rain down here in Williamsburg but no snow so far. Either way I don't really plan on going out this weekend.

I live about 2.5 hours west of you in Waynesboro, right off of I 64. 20 miles west of Charlottesville.

Can you imagine being homeless in this weather?

Not in this venue, that's for sure.

10,000 agents on this board, maybe a thousand saw the Dwayne's request for contributions... and all he got was a few hundred dollars.

Neo/arch-conservative Christian charity? Yep, it's right here just as it was in 19th century London.

The clerk, in letting Scrooge's nephew out, had let two other people in. They were portly gentlemen, pleasant to behold, and now stood, with their hats off, in Scrooge's office. They had books and papers in their hands, and bowed to him.

'Scrooge and Marley's, I believe,' said one of the gentlemen, referring to his list. 'Have I the pleasure of addressing Mr Scrooge, or Mr Marley?'

'Mr Marley has been dead these seven years,' Scrooge replied. 'He died seven years ago, this very night.'

'We have no doubt his liberality is well represented by his surviving partner,' said the gentleman, presenting his credentials.

'It certainly was, for they had been two kindred spirits. At the ominous word liberality, Scrooge frowned, and shook his head, and handed the credentials back.

'They are. Still,' returned the gentleman,' I wish I could say they were not.'

'The Treadmill and the Poor Law are in full vigour, then?' said Scrooge.

'At this festive season of the year, Mr Scrooge,' said the gentleman, taking up a pen, 'it is more than usually desirable that we should make some slight provision for the Poor and destitute, who suffer greatly at the present time. Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir.'

'Are there no prisons?"

'Plenty of prisons,' said the gentleman, laying down the pen again.

'And the Union workhouses.' demanded Scrooge. 'Are they still in operation?'

'Both very busy, sir.'

'Oh. I was afraid, from what you said at first, that something had occurred to stop them in their useful course,' said Scrooge. 'I'm very glad to hear it.'

'Under the impression that they scarcely furnish Christian cheer of mind or body to the multitude,' returned the gentleman, 'a few of us are endeavouring to raise a fund to buy the Poor some meat and drink, and means of warmth. We choose this time, because it is a time, of all others, when Want is keenly felt, and Abundance rejoices. What shall I put you down for?'

'Nothing!' Scrooge replied.

'You wish to be anonymous?'

'I wish to be left alone,' said Scrooge. 'Since you ask me what I wish, gentlemen, that is my answer. I don't make merry myself at Christmas and I can't afford to make idle people merry. I help to support the establishments I have mentioned-they cost enough; and those who are badly off must go there.'

'Many can't go there; and many would rather die.'

'If they would rather die,' said Scrooge, 'they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

---from A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens

Can you imagine being homeless in this weather?

Not in this venue, that's for sure.

10,000 agents on this board, maybe a thousand saw the Dwayne's request for contributions... and all he got was a few hundred dollars.

Neo/arch-conservative Christian charity? Yep, it's right here just as it was in 19th century London.

So Al, aside from $100, what have you done to help the homeless in Virginia? I know you have a couple extra bedrooms and can afford a few extra meals. Why not invite a few of them to live with you.

I guess it's more productive to hijack every post to attack those who are not quite so caring as you.

Rick

al3,

You are absolutely the most depressive individual I've ever encountered on a internet forum! Every time your mouth opens, negativity flows forth. Do you ever have anything to say that is positive?? I feel sorry for your wife and children, if you have a wife or children.

Latest posts

Back