Wireless headsets

Feb 17, 2008

1. wilkin

wilkin Guru

From your experience which is the best wireless headset for an office phone?

Thanks,
    Bill

wilkin, Feb 17, 2008
  2. somarco

somarco GA Medicare Expert

State:
    Georgia
  3. sman

sman Guru

State:
    Georgia
    I tried that one, but ended up sending it back. I had occasional interference with my wireless internet. But the biggest problem was the fact that the battery would die and I had to recharge. This would sometimes happen in the middle of the day. Then I'd have to hook the old phone back up so I could continue working. If you could use it while in the charger I might have kept it.

I just went back to the old stand-by - the Plantronics S12. It's a little frustrating with the additional piece of equipment on my desk, but I never have to worry about the phone going dead in the middle of the day.

sman, Feb 17, 2008
  4. salpro22

salpro22 Guru

State:
    Texas
    The model Bob recommended is great. I own two of them and have one fully charged at all times. I refuse to use any other phone now.

Normal talk time is about 4-5 hours if it's fully charged, but you have to remember to put the phone on the charger every night.

salpro22, Feb 17, 2008
  5. DHK

DHK "YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!"

State:
    California
    Plantronics CS50 with headset lifter.

DHK, Feb 17, 2008
  6. bizwiz

bizwiz New Member

How about giving the [SIZE=-1]Panasonic KX-TCA92 Comfort Fit Headset a try, I have been using it and it's great.
    [/SIZE]

bizwiz, Feb 18, 2008
  7. wilkin

wilkin Guru

Thanks for the feedback. Can the Plantronics CT12 2.4 be used with a two line phone?

wilkin, Feb 18, 2008
  8. somarco

somarco GA Medicare Expert

State:
    Georgia
    Can't say.

Check the specs.

FWIW, I have wireless internet too and have not had a problem. Even though it is 2.4 ghz, I have good range and usually no interference.

Most of the time I am wired in since I am usually on the computer while talking but if I need to roam the house I take my wireless phone with me.

I have used a headset for years and have no idea how to talk on a phone with a regular, handheld unit. The wired headset is also Plantronics. I have no idea what the model is as I bought it probably 20 years ago. That one can be used with a 2 line phone but I no longer need a second line and haven't since I stepped up to DSL.

somarco, Feb 18, 2008
  9. wilkin

wilkin Guru

[Most of the time I am wired in ...]

I do have a wired headset but, can't stand that dang wire connected to it! That's why I am thinking of going wireless, even while I am sitting at my desk.

[... I no longer need a second line and haven't since I stepped up to DSL.]

Are you using voip ?

wilkin, Feb 18, 2008
  10. atlantic123

atlantic123 New Member