Wisconsin Agents

Delta76

Guru
100+ Post Club
For any of you working Wisconsin, I have a unique situation. I have a client whose group plan I handle, however, he has his own personal coverage. The group is in Minnesota, but he lives just across the border, however, he uses MN clinics for his family's health care.

So far, all I can find for carriers that will consider MN providers in-network is Anthem. Are there any other options I'm missing?

I did try looking there, GR doesn't operate in MN and when I tried to do a clinic search on their website, I came up with nothing. As far as I can tell, Anthem may be the best option in this case.

Sorry, I forgot Mayo dropped them. Becareful with the BCBS. If your talking individual, the person has their Blue Pref or Access network in WI, but my understanding was if they go outside the state they must call the Blue Card number on the back of their insurance card and they will tell you what doctors and hospitals you can use. Blue Cross told me this was available for emergencies only, but it wouldn't be the first time they gave me bogus info. I just checked Humana and it looks like they have network around the twin cities.

Thanks for the help Jerry, I tried searching Humana's list and couldn't find anything, but I'll go back and check again. My client is already with Anthem and they're allowing him in-network benefits to his current clinic in the cities. However, after speaking with him today, I just found out he is considering moving to a clinic in Hudson, WI. That would solve most of issues. From my little bit of research, it looks like Humana and Golden Rule are both competitive in the HSA arena. Would you agree?

The hard part about the LaCrosse area is that there are two basic health care systems. Gunderson (HMO) and Fransiscan Skemp. It is hard to find a company that has both in-network. Most insurance companies offer one or the other and people in the area usually want one or the other. It's usually the system that is with a company you don't sell. lol. Recheck Humana, I did find network.

The cheapest plan in that area is probably WPS. BCBS is close, then Humana and GR. July 1st Assurant is dropping their pricing and from what I've seen it looks pretty good. Combine that with their three year rate freeze, suite solutions, and a decreasing deductible, makes them very attractive.

Thanks Jerry for your help. I'm in the Twin Cities and don't venture across the river very often. I'll do some more checking and see what I can come up with. If I don't feel I can do what's best for the client, would you be interested in tag teaming this one? Also, do you do group at all? If I get to that point, I'll shoot you a PM.

Back