Wisconsin Health Insurance Exchange

timsip

Guru
1000 Post Club
I guess I will kick things off here in Wisconsin. My Army roommate lives in the greater Milwaukee area and is also a client. In fact I have several clients in Wisconsin that are quite loyal. Sipma Health and Wealth is a great place to go to learn about Obamacare and health care reform for those in the Badger State.

I found it odd that Assurant didn't get in the game. It looks like the smaller regional carriers are trying to go big.

Last edited:
Maybe Assurant knows something about the exchanges we don't know...They are a smart company regardless of what forum posters say about them.

Assurant has long held the position of not participating in any exchanges nationwide. I certainly can see the financial benefit from this strategy. BCBS is taking the same strategy in Iowa. Look for them next year to be boss.

Assurant has long held the position of not participating in any exchanges nationwide. I certainly can see the financial benefit from this strategy. BCBS is taking the same strategy in Iowa. Look for them next year to be boss.

It would be easier to understand if you knew what they were offering to compete eith the exchange.

Just like with everything else, you are going to have to sit and wait like the rest of us.

While I love our governor, I dont think his screw you attitude his going to help

At a press conference earlier this week, Governor Walker was very frustrated. He said that HHS is in control of the Exchange and is not sharing any information with his office or the state Insurance Commissioner. HHS is still working with the insurers to get costs down as low as possible.

Knowing how Kathleen Sebelius dislikes agents, I feel uneasy every time I hear an FFE state official say that HHS is "working with" or "negotiating with" insurers to get costs as low as possible.
ac

Back