WL repricing

Allen Trent

Guru
1000 Post Club
Anyone seeing any of the regulatory repricing being introduced for WL products yet?

If so, how has the pricing changes looked?

I know many max funded cases will be ok because more money can fit in smaller policies without MEC'ing, but curious how the low valuation rate & non forfeiture rates have affected the base policy rate increases for various ages.

Anyone seeing any of the regulatory repricing being introduced for WL products yet?

If so, how has the pricing changes looked?

I know many max funded cases will be ok because more money can fit in smaller policies without MEC'ing, but curious how the low valuation rate & non forfeiture rates have affected the base policy rate increases for various ages.
Mass told me a few weeks back that they were still a few months out and that anything I quote for DB will be going up and anything for CV will look better.

Also hearing that a lot of the bigger IUL carriers are starting to favor their VUL counterparts.

So much so that I'm contemplating getting licensed again (yuck).

Mass told me a few weeks back that they were still a few months out and that anything I quote for DB will be going up and anything for CV will look better.

Also hearing that a lot of the bigger IUL carriers are starting to favor their VUL counterparts.

So much so that I'm contemplating getting licensed again (yuck).

Im seeing VULs getting pushed a lot in marketing communications these days.

Heard the same thing from a different WL carrier about pricing and timing.

Practically speaking, VUL should be the product of choice for anyone using "excess funds" once they've maxed out their 401k options. Truly just an expensive Roth option*.

*Life insurance is not a Roth and I'm not saying that it is...just making a comparison.

Tell that to the agent on LinkedIn promoting the "super roth" to doctors.... LOL. Has a janky looking website by that name...

Tell that to the agent on LinkedIn promoting the "super roth" to doctors.... LOL. Has a janky looking website by that name...
Also recently saw a 12 page marketing piece calling it RMR (rich man roth) & a “collared” investment. The 12 pages was full of extreme tax rates & internal fees on other investments, typos & then went to consumer with a carriers IUL illustration for $30k per year & only had the 1st 5 pages of the illustration, none of the pages with the guaranteed projection, disclosures or all the pages of fees & costs. The marketing piece had the other investments paying nearly 5% in annual fees & this “collared” investment program being net negative of expenses. The producer even claimed that the carrier allowed him to get special uncapped segments & fees waived because he is a top national producer with average target premiums of $100k per year. Irony is the carrier being shown strictly requires any sales information used to be disclosed.

What the hell is a collared investment? Just call it an Index Universal Life & state all the positives, why invent names & provide false claims

So much so that I'm contemplating getting licensed again (yuck).[/QUOTE said:
Me too. What broker dealer are you considering? I'm leaning toward The Leaders Group.

Back