Woodmen of the world

It is captive and as good as some of their products have been from time to time I was never able to get excited about joining "Team Woodmen". They used to be "modern", now they're "of the world" or maybe they are both. I could never get the secret handshake down either way.....

Did you ever see the Jack Nicholson movie "About Schmidt"? He plays a retire actuary from "Modern Woodmen". I don't think they divulge the secret handshake in that movie, either :D

I've noticed a lot of tree trunk headstones in cemetarys. I'm told that those people were WOW members, is that correct?

I've noticed a lot of tree trunk headstones in cemetarys. I'm told that those people were WOW members, is that correct?

Whats that all about. Are they some kind of secret society? I mean, I know about them as a financial services group but didnt know that you needed a batman decoder ring to talk to them. Whats up with that. Some kind of Mason thing or what?

Winter

I Googled "Woodmen headstones", they are in fact from WOW. There's some neat info about them. In my town, in the oldest cemetary there's quite a few of them.

Latest posts

Back