work from home

HeatherA

Expert
I am a stay at home mom and am wondering if I can get part time work from home in life insurance industry. I am good with numbers and software. I can pass the exam and get a license but not really interested in selling. Need steady income even if its not much. any help is much appreciated.

If you are not interested in selling you will be limited to another stage of the process.

What are you interested in? It is possible you could work on the case management side of things? Not sure with out previous experience in the industry though.

If you are not interested in selling you will be limited to another stage of the process.

What are you interested in? It is possible you could work on the case management side of things? Not sure with out previous experience in the industry though.
Case management. This is what I am interested in. how to get into this?

That, quite simply, is where the money is. Support positions do not pay well - at all. I would encourage you to get over your concern of not wanting to sell, and apply yourself to learn to do it.
Is there no pay until the sale? How are people supposed to survive?

I am a stay at home mom and am wondering if I can get part time work from home in life insurance industry. I am good with numbers and software. I can pass the exam and get a license but not really interested in selling. Need steady income even if its not much. any help is much appreciated.

many agents are looking for people like yourself, to contact incoming leads, gather health information etc. If not interested in selling directly, opening leads/customer service may be a good part time venture for you

If you are good on the phone, have a pleasant voice and can learn a short script, you might employ yourself as an appointment setter.. No real selling other than convincing a person who has already requested information to set a time to speak with an agent.

Is there no pay until the sale? How are people supposed to survive?

Becoming an insurance agent is in essence the same as starting your own business. Many people who do start a business have to borrow money to buy the components needed to get the business they are starting going (inventory, equipment, supplies, etc.).

Most new businesses are not profitable for 5 years. It takes a lot of hard work and sacrifice to start a business.

In terms of "selling" insurance, the investment is the personal time and effort needed to learn to sell. It is not the capital requirement of buying the things needed to do it because you need little other than yourself..

You said it yourself, you could go get a license. OK, start there; go get one. Nothing stops you from doing what you are doing now while you do that. Once you get the license, then the next step is getting appointed with some companies.

A journey of a 1,000 miles begins with the first step.

Last edited:
If you are good on the phone, have a pleasant voice and can learn a short script, you might employ yourself as an appointment setter.. No real selling other than convincing a person who has already requested information to set a time to speak with an agent.

which is also selling...

Perhaps a refresher:

If you have not heard this, LISTEN TO IT.

It will seem corney (it's very old) but it cuts to the heart of all this.

Back