Workers Compensation Question

ncagent83

Expert
I have a client who is starting a Lawn Care business and he is asking about a WC quote and he doesn't know exactly how many workers he will have or the payroll for each employee.

I'm new to WC so should I just quote him a ghost policy on a "if any" basis. Or should I quote him based on his guess of how many employees he will have?

Thanks!

I have a client who is starting a Lawn Care business and he is asking about a WC quote and he doesn't know exactly how many workers he will have or the payroll for each employee.

I'm new to WC so should I just quote him a ghost policy on a "if any" basis. Or should I quote him based on his guess of how many employees he will have?

Thanks!

The # of employees doesn't matter. WC is based on annual payroll. It would be his best estimate. All WC policies are auditable so it will come out in the end.
You dont write to write a ghost policy unless he says he has no employees. If you call it a ghost and he ends up having payroll he will get hit with a large audit at year end.

The # of employees doesn't matter. WC is based on annual payroll. It would be his best estimate. All WC policies are auditable so it will come out in the end.
You dont write to write a ghost policy unless he says he has no employees. If you call it a ghost and he ends up having payroll he will get hit with a large audit at year end.

Awesome. This helps a lot! Thanks!

Back