Working for a SF Agent As a CSR

jazz

I've been working for an older agent as a CSR for about 3 months now, and I'm right out of college. The pay isn't fantastic or anything, but I don't do sales. 28k per year full time isn't terrible for somebody in their early 20's.

However, the agent is a bit tough to deal with. She's not around all the time, and half the time I'm not totally sure what's she's doing. However, she has an explosive temper and will start screaming at us if she gets annoyed. It's extremely stressful really having no clue when she'll fly off the handle.

This doesn't bother as much as when she gets into screaming matches with the customers, who then unsurprisingly defect to other companies or agents.

Given that I've been here such a short period of time, and that I like the job itself, I'm not quite sure what to do here.:goofy:

I've been working for an older agent as a CSR for about 3 months now, and I'm right out of college. The pay isn't fantastic or anything, but I don't do sales. 28k per year full time isn't terrible for somebody in their early 20's.

However, the agent is a bit tough to deal with. She's not around all the time, and half the time I'm not totally sure what's she's doing. However, she has an explosive temper and will start screaming at us if she gets annoyed. It's extremely stressful really having no clue when she'll fly off the handle.

This doesn't bother as much as when she gets into screaming matches with the customers, who then unsurprisingly defect to other companies or agents.

Given that I've been here such a short period of time, and that I like the job itself, I'm not quite sure what to do here.:goofy:

What state are you in? I would deal with it and get the experience then move on to a better spot once you have the opportunity.

I'm in Michigan. I was planning on toughing it out for at least a year, everybody has to start somewhere

If the agent is screaming at you, she has no respect for you. Respect must be earned in advance, so if I were you, I would leave. There are plenty of good agents out there that will treat you like a professional.

Back