Working with Internet Leads at LifeTel Financial

Newbienow2016

I am a newbie in insurance and do L&H in Calif. Just finished training last week and received a lead pack with only internet leads and no mail leads. Have complained and no resolution yet. Did an email send out to all recipients as well and did three run thru's on the the internet list. I didn't reach one person who was interested in receiving a term quote. There were numerous problems with the leads which you are all probably familiar with. Here is my dilemna, I really need to ramp up quickly. I have asked my manager for the mail leads since last week, no reply. I asked to talk to people to network with to learn tips and best practices, no reply. I paid $595 to put 'skin in the game' to get this job and now I can't get good leads and my requests have gone ignored. Not feeling really good about this. Can anybody provide some tips or point me in the right direction. I have invested in the E&O Insurance, $595 for this job to receive sub-par leads, and now support has gone dark; I also bought a new desktop computer to have a larger screen for doing quotes. Having some buyers remorse here and I really don't want to have that feeling. I would really like to make this work. Any suggestions. Next add on license, what state? Texas? Thanks,Leslie I can be reached 323-475-9422 or
Leslie

I am a newbie in insurance and do L&H in Calif. Just finished training last week and received a lead pack with only internet leads and no mail leads. Have complained and no resolution yet. Did an email send out to all recipients as well and did three run thru's on the the internet list. I didn't reach one person who was interested in receiving a term quote. There were numerous problems with the leads which you are all probably familiar with. Here is my dilemna, I really need to ramp up quickly. I have asked my manager for the mail leads since last week, no reply. I asked to talk to people to network with to learn tips and best practices, no reply. I paid $595 to put 'skin in the game' to get this job and now I can't get good leads and my requests have gone ignored. Not feeling really good about this. Can anybody provide some tips or point me in the right direction. I have invested in the E&O Insurance, $595 for this job to receive sub-par leads, and now support has gone dark; I also bought a new desktop computer to have a larger screen for doing quotes. Having some buyers remorse here and I really don't want to have that feeling. I would really like to make this work. Any suggestions. Next add on license, what state? Texas? Thanks,Leslie I can be reached 323-475-9422 or
Leslie

Broncos12 seems to be doing ok with them. Contact him through PM or respond to one of his posts in this thread.

http://www.insurance-forums.net/for...-lifetel-web-lifetelinsure-com-t81588-12.html

How do you remember all this stuff?

Well, in this case I insinuated in the thread that broncos12 worked for Lifetel and in his response to me convinced me that he didn't. Besides that, I guess that I'm just really really smart.;)

Hahaha, don't know how much longer I'll be able to remember that stuff, because as I get older, my memory starting to fade.

Well, in this case I insinuated in the thread that broncos12 worked for Lifetel and in his response to me convinced me that he didn't. Besides that, I guess that I'm just really really smart.;)

Hahaha, don't know how much longer I'll be able to remember that stuff, because as I get older, my memory starting to fade.

Or that could be the left handed cigs.....

I've had a similar experience.

You shouldn't have to contact another Agent (in this case Broncos12), in order to get answers, feedback or some leadership and guidance.

Leslie

Leslie,

I am in California also, If you are open minded I can share with you about my company Premier Fiancial Alliance. Message me if you are interested.

Sally

Please allow me to share some things about internet leads. I can honestly say that I have a great understanding of them these days, I've worked them with LifeTel, with some success, and I've bought and worked some from an outside vendor who was strictly just a lead seller. In fact, that same other seller is also in the forum. Only in my humble opinion, I don't think anyone has really cracked the code on life insurance internet lead quality. And, I think we as agents, I know I did, buy and work them thinking that the response quality is in line with what's expected from a mail lead. Well, the fact is it just isn't and to expect them to be is a little off on our part. Here's the problem, as I see it. I believe the internet for many people is still in large part an informational medium. Sure, more and more people every day go to the internet to buy things, but more so, before they make that purchase, they go to research things. So, I go out and I "key word" for insurance "life insurance", "term insurance", whatever, and I go and I read and I learn. And, I'm on this site or that and I'm inputting information as I go, believing I need to and it's helping me to further research, and at some point the screen comes up telling me that I can push this button and then someone, an agent, will contact me and that information I was inputting along the way, if that button is actually pushed, is then "the lead". The problem, just as I see it, is in most cases that's not exactly what they, "the prospect", went on there for. They were there researching. Now, some of those people were in fact not just researching, but are actual "buyers" and looking for some insurance and when they "push the button" they know, want and are expecting an agent to call them. But, what is the actual percentage of those people through this method of lead generation really. People who get things in the mail, fill in information by hand, turn around and walk it back out to the mailbox and that's a very deliberate act. The internet method sitting there researching, reading, inputting information as you go and then feeling almost as if you have no other choice but to "push the button" is just an entirely different kind of response, if you ask me. Yet, agents still get some business from them and I'm one of those agents, in fact. I've done it with the internet leads that LifeTel provides and I've written a case here and there from others I bought outside of LifeTel. Do I routinely receive, purchase and continue to work anyone's internet leads?. In fact, no. And, I've posted some and seen others post in the main thread something I believe to be very accurate and is the reason I don't work more internet leads. The consensus seems to be that if you're going to work internet leads, you need to work bigger numbers and "hit them from all sides". You use them working a system where you contact them in as many different forms as possible, meaning you call them, e-mail them, text them, etc. And, organization is critical. That's how you work anyone's internet leads successfully, I truly believe. If you don't want to and or are not set up to work them in this manner then you go and work something else. In short, you work mail leads. And working mail leads, you can close the "1 out of 3", or a hair better, working A Leads or 1 out of really probably 5 or so working on B Leads. And, working with your B Leads, you better have a smart angle that heads off some of the expected resistance you might get. Elly at LifeTel shared a pretty clever angle with me and it works. As I posted in the main thread, I work nothing but A's and B's with LifeTel, ALL mail leads, and that's what I close out of, place and earn on. I personally don't do the internet leads much, because I don't believe I'm currently set up right now to work them the way I know really gets the results and it's also not the avenue I choose to put my efforts on to each day. Work A and B mail leads, keep it pretty "low tech", hammer the phones, don't miss closes and ultimately convert 1 out of 3 for A's or 1 out of 5ish for B's. Or, you get set up to be higher tech, work the larger numbers, hit internet leads from all sides and try to convert that way. But, what you don't do is sit and try to call internet leads, just calling them, and expect them to convert like mail leads and think you're going to close 1 in 3 or 5 of them. Just doesn't work that way. My 2 cents ;)

Please allow me to share some things about internet leads. I can honestly say that I have a great understanding of them these days, I've worked them with LifeTel, with some success, and I've bought and worked some from an outside vendor who was strictly just a lead seller. In fact, that same other seller is also in the forum. Only in my humble opinion, I don't think anyone has really cracked the code on life insurance internet lead quality. And, I think we as agents, I know I did, buy and work them thinking that the response quality is in line with what's expected from a mail lead. Well, the fact is it just isn't and to expect them to be is a little off on our part. Here's the problem, as I see it. I believe the internet for many people is still in large part an informational medium. Sure, more and more people every day go to the internet to buy things, but more so, before they make that purchase, they go to research things. So, I go out and I "key word" for insurance "life insurance", "term insurance", whatever, and I go and I read and I learn. And, I'm on this site or that and I'm inputting information as I go, believing I need to and it's helping me to further research, and at some point the screen comes up telling me that I can push this button and then someone, an agent, will contact me and that information I was inputting along the way, if that button is actually pushed, is then "the lead". The problem, just as I see it, is in most cases that's not exactly what they, "the prospect", went on there for. They were there researching. Now, some of those people were in fact not just researching, but are actual "buyers" and looking for some insurance and when they "push the button" they know, want and are expecting an agent to call them. But, what is the actual percentage of those people through this method of lead generation really. People who get things in the mail, fill in information by hand, turn around and walk it back out to the mailbox and that's a very deliberate act. The internet method sitting there researching, reading, inputting information as you go and then feeling almost as if you have no other choice but to "push the button" is just an entirely different kind of response, if you ask me. Yet, agents still get some business from them and I'm one of those agents, in fact. I've done it with the internet leads that LifeTel provides and I've written a case here and there from others I bought outside of LifeTel. Do I routinely receive, purchase and continue to work anyone's internet leads?. In fact, no. And, I've posted some and seen others post in the main thread something I believe to be very accurate and is the reason I don't work more internet leads. The consensus seems to be that if you're going to work internet leads, you need to work bigger numbers and "hit them from all sides". You use them working a system where you contact them in as many different forms as possible, meaning you call them, e-mail them, text them, etc. And, organization is critical. That's how you work anyone's internet leads successfully, I truly believe. If you don't want to and or are not set up to work them in this manner then you go and work something else. In short, you work mail leads. And working mail leads, you can close the "1 out of 3", or a hair better, working A Leads or 1 out of really probably 5 or so working on B Leads. And, working with your B Leads, you better have a smart angle that heads off some of the expected resistance you might get. Elly at LifeTel shared a pretty clever angle with me and it works. As I posted in the main thread, I work nothing but A's and B's with LifeTel, ALL mail leads, and that's what I close out of, place and earn on. I personally don't do the internet leads much, because I don't believe I'm currently set up right now to work them the way I know really gets the results and it's also not the avenue I choose to put my efforts on to each day. Work A and B mail leads, keep it pretty "low tech", hammer the phones, don't miss closes and ultimately convert 1 out of 3 for A's or 1 out of 5ish for B's. Or, you get set up to be higher tech, work the larger numbers, hit internet leads from all sides and try to convert that way. But, what you don't do is sit and try to call internet leads, just calling them, and expect them to convert like mail leads and think you're going to close 1 in 3 or 5 of them. Just doesn't work that way. My 2 cents ;)

I'm working the internet leads with LifeTel and am beginning to get some results. But you're completely right that you can't work them very well trying to manually dial each number. I said in the other thread that I work with Ron at LifeTel and he sends me 500 internet leads each week now, on top of the other mail leads I get from them. I did just what you said and went out and found a very good crm system. LifeTel didn't provide it and so I had to do some searching and it cost me a good few bucks. I'm not going to lie, it wasn't cheap. I'm writing apps with it though and I know it's going to pay for itself and should be worth the investment. And, because I'm writing apps, Ron and them aren't charging me anything for the leads. Even with the crm, it's hard to see living strictly on the internet leads alone, but it is a nice supplement. And the crm does all the work. I just load the lists LifeTel sends me in there, it does all of the contacting for me and I go call on the mail leads while I wait for a response.

Back