Working with Internet Leads at LifeTel Financial

Thanks mikeyv7, that is great advice. I just started working with LifeTel this week. My first day, I was told they had had a falling out with Brokers Alliance and are moving their contracts to Cory Lewison in FL. Guys from BA called me to say some very unkind things about LifeTel encouraging me to contract directly with their carriers at 110%. Tempting vs. the 85% from LIfeTel. I always like to sit on the sidelines in feuds and wait until the dust settles.

LifeTel has a pretty good training but very little one-on-one. When you speak to either Elly or Jim, the conversation is rushed and short. I did pay the $600 association fee but was explicitly told that this would be used to pay for contracting in other states and that it would be rebated once I hit 5K in AP.

I received 100 internet leads and 20 "aged" mail leads in the first week. The internet leads were garbage, really not worth any resource time. BS email addresses, wrong numbers, bad numbers and of the 3 clients that I spoke with very, very old indeed. The "aged" leads were probably 9 months old yet, I may have a chance with 2. Not a terrible conversion but, not great.

B leads are available for $4 ea with 90-120 days aging. I like the idea of contacting the lead long after everyone else has given up but only if the leads aren't repeatedly sold week after week. If the closing rate 15-20% then I would just budget accordingly to hit a weekly placement rate and never spend $35 on their A leads. I just do not have a good grip on LifeTel ethics so it's a tough call at this point.

Anyone else with LifeTel experience please feel free to PM me. would love to compare notes.

There's a lot to the B.A. story, RSalvati. I've been posting in the main thread for some time going back to my start and I mentioned recently becoming part of LifeTel's management program. The issue there with B.A. has been going on for awhile now and we've had multiple conference calls with the LifeTel owners, since the first of the year. The main problem is on the B.A. end. If you're an IMO, you simply cannot directly contact someone else's agents and try to put them through different carriers and put them on different programs. That's violating "Rule #1" of how that relationship is supposed to go. I've personally been contacted at various times last year about different product rollouts, different markets to sell in... one guy even contacted me about a different lead system. LifeTel has their own lead system and I know for a fact they, LifeTel, doesn't want me out trying sell LTC at the same time I'm working their system. I know tempers have been flaring on both sides for months, but the bottom line is if you're an agency and you can't trust your own upline not to try to go around you and to protect your role and position in the hierarchy then you have no other choice than to put your business elsewhere. And offering higher contract levels, that's just so incredibly uncool I can't believe it. I know they were doing that too, though. :no:

Back