World Claims Exemption

Crabcake Johnny

Guru
5000 Post Club
Maryland
Business as usual for World Insurance - same comp...qualifying for an exemption from the MLR requirements due to their size and number of policy holders.

When you are "competitive" in 6 out of 3748 zip codes, it's not difficult to understand why you're too small to have to comply.

But - a bigger question is - WHY did the Government allow ANY exemptions? Of any kind??

Why was Mickey D's allowed to continue offering crap policies?

WHY??

I was sold a bill of goods by my congressman that this was just too important to put off any longer. What gives?

Business as usual for World Insurance - same comp...qualifying for an exemption from the MLR requirements due to their size and number of policy holders.

They have made parts of the policy "Non-Commissionable" like lifetime max no limit & preventative care costs they don't pay comp on. Which is a significant portion. However, if this is really the case, it will be huge in areas where they are reasonably priced.

Thx for checking on that. I was wondering if there was some kind of loophole. World, American Republic, IAC . . . a pattern was developing.

And now the tables turn as they have a huge competitive advantage to recruit agents.

As a new agent needing money, you gonna write at 10% or 20% with a World advance?

World can have them. Most will flame out any way. Hard enough to get a leg up in this business but pushing a plan with lesser benefits and a higher premium is difficult for an experienced agent.

Even more so for a rookie.

That is a horrible business model.

World can have them. Most will flame out any way. Hard enough to get a leg up in this business but pushing a plan with lesser benefits and a higher premium is difficult for an experienced agent.

Bob, you are too old school, like Frank.

Don't you know it's all about the dollar bill and how much powder I can buy with this fat 8 month advance? Which btw, has 1% interest compounded......

When I transitioned from large group to IMM the first 2 carriers I got contracted with were CG and World. The guy who trained me in phone/internet sales had contracts with those two carriers and our deal was I would give him a 90 day head start before adding other carriers.

At the end of 90 days I added other carriers but the only ones competitive were Blue and KP. I only wish I had written more with Blue but I hated them (still do). Did anything I could to place business anywhere but Blue.

Didn't take me long before CG and World were in my rear view mirror.

Back