World Financial Group

After sitting down and talking with a old boss, and a man I trust, I've been thinking about joining him as part of the World Financial Group of companies.

I like a lot of what he had to day but I wanted to here from other agents. Anyone have any experience with this particular outfit? In particular things that I should be asking? Things that should be a red flag?

I would most likely be doing this part time at first (I work for a call center that does life and health insurance for various companies) till I can get my feet under me.

If worse comes to worse I have enough money saved up to cover my bills and expenses for 3 months...so hopefully I would have something of a pipeline built up by then.

If you like 25% contracts... when you could get 55% at a career agency or 80%+ being independent... go with WFG.

If you want to increase your payout with WFG, and you enjoy recruiting... go with WFG.

Remember that prospecting is the most important part of selling insurance solutions. What will your upline be doing for you to account for the difference in compensation?

Its not that WFG is a bad company....but the bottom line is they focus on recruiting and selling. Its an mlm insurance deal. They do offer alot of training, but also alot of rah-rah meetings as well. If that is what you are looking for, go for it. Also, I am pretty sure that if you leave you lose your renewals - that is a big deal. A good friend of mine was with them for years and at the CEO level with them, and walked away. Cost him a pretty penny to do that.

Not trying to discourage you... just make sure you know exactly what you are getting into.

After sitting down and talking with a old boss, and a man I trust, I've been thinking about joining him as part of the World Financial Group of companies.

I like a lot of what he had to day but I wanted to here from other agents. Anyone have any experience with this particular outfit? In particular things that I should be asking? Things that should be a red flag?

I would most likely be doing this part time at first (I work for a call center that does life and health insurance for various companies) till I can get my feet under me.

If worse comes to worse I have enough money saved up to cover my bills and expenses for 3 months...so hopefully I would have something of a pipeline built up by then.
In an earlier post, you said you were sick of sales. Well recruiting is all sales.

You need to be non-stop recruiting in WFG, which is gonna be hard because who hasn't already been dragged to one of those business overviews.

That Herbert Humphrey guy went off to start a 3rd MLM, HGI, which hasn't really taken off, at least compared to WFG's (aka WMA) and AL Williams' growth standards.

In an earlier post, you said you were sick of sales. Well recruiting is all sales.

You need to be non-stop recruiting in WFG, which is gonna be hard because who hasn't already been dragged to one of those business overviews.

That Herbert Humphrey guy went off to start a 3rd MLM, HGI, which hasn't really taken off, at least compared to WFG's (aka WMA) and AL Williams' growth standards.

How many times can you convince someone to roll a downline?

I am sick of sales and looking to move into something else in the insurance/financial industry that is more back office. I don't like the idea of recruiting others either...and yes, I know exactly what an MLM is.

However I'm not stupid. Sales does allow you to make some good money and there are a few personal reasons I want to keep a toe in it so to speak.

One thing I did like is that they are full service. So if there is something I can't handle, I can refer them to someone that can.

I'm looking about and just trying to find what is going to work for me the best.

I have 2 MGA broker contracts, one for life an one for health and medicare. WFG tried to recruit me but my life mga has direct mail leads and started me at 55% and they start at 35% and have no leads. If I were you, I'd find a better outfit that has a lead generation system because you will not make money in this business if you don't have a lead source and you will run out of family and friends. Prospecting is tedious work for a brand new agent- I tried it- events, churches, flea markets- a lot of work and I get better results with direct mail leads that I can just purchase instead of chase people down. - my 2 cents

I have 2 MGA broker contracts, one for life an one for health and medicare. WFG tried to recruit me but my life mga has direct mail leads and started me at 55% and they start at 35% and have no leads. If I were you, I'd find a better outfit that has a lead generation system because you will not make money in this business if you don't have a lead source and you will run out of family and friends. Prospecting is tedious work for a brand new agent- I tried it- events, churches, flea markets- a lot of work and I get better results with direct mail leads that I can just purchase instead of chase people down. - my 2 cents

That's good advice. You should take your own advice. You can get 110-120% with most companies. Do you at least get your leads for "free"?

Funny you should say that because that's what I'm doing now. Prospecting. It's tedious but I'm learning a bit about marketing and getting my feet under me. I've received little to no help from WFG either, so I'm thinking going on my own is the way to go.

It's baby steps for now, and this forum is helpful in that respect because it does point me in the right direction.

Back