World Insurance and Calender Year Maximums

Golddoor

Guru
100+ Post Club
Texico
I got appointed with World Insurance and was looking over their Freedom Care Consumer Choice plan brochure and noticed they have the calender year maximums of $100,000 and $250,000. Wouldnt it be easy to run that out, if some thing major such as cancer or heart problems occurred?

Also I'm curious about the coinsurance. for instance the Plan II has an in-PPO 80/20 to $10,000? But it also states that there is a OOP of In-PPO $2000. Im a little confused here. Can some one explain this?

Not sure which plans you are able to sell with World, but the annual maximums (not something I sell or recommend) are available to help make the premiums more manageable. On the Value and HSA plans, they are there in 100k and 250k annual maximums, not on the Flex plan. It's a limitation that some people are OK with (though I've never found one), and that others are not. But I understand their reasoning for offering it...just for the sake of lower premiums.

There are a number of other 'value' plans that may have them (and ones that I don't have access to selling). IMO, 'value' plans are something of a last resort.

Different in and out of network OOP maximums are commonplace.

What you're seeing is your client is responsible for 20% to 10k dollars...which is 2,000 dollars. After that, it's 100% coverage, but they are also responsible for the deductible. I don't think agents explain this well enough and sell based on premium alone (which is lower because of the greater obligation the client has).

Make sense?

Not sure which plans you are able to sell with World, but the annual maximums (not something I sell or recommend) are available to help make the premiums more manageable. On the Value and HSA plans, they are there in 100k and 250k annual maximums, not on the Flex plan. It's a limitation that some people are OK with (though I've never found one), and that others are not. But I understand their reasoning for offering it...just for the sake of lower premiums.

There are a number of other 'value' plans that may have them (and ones that I don't have access to selling). IMO, 'value' plans are something of a last resort.

Different in and out of network OOP maximums are commonplace.

What you're seeing is your client is responsible for 20% to 10k dollars...which is 2,000 dollars. After that, it's 100% coverage, but they are also responsible for the deductible. I don't think agents explain this well enough and sell based on premium alone (which is lower because of the greater obligation the client has).

Make sense?

Ok thanks! Yes that makes sense. Im not sure it helps with the premiums though. When I compare quotes with a few of the other companies I represent it just doesnt add up.

Thanks Again!

Golddoor

Yea, like I said, it generally doesn't make sense...but that is the idea behind annual maximums.

I do like World though...clients seem to, as well. I just never suggest limitations on an annual basis. I would just go with another carrier...

so who you writing world thru......got the call from Rossco's office yesterday and was told they have do this they have done that yadayadayada....she told me that her agents have been telling her that the world saver plan has to be the best kept secret on the market,.....HAHAHAHAHAHA.....started to grill her and did not know Jack...and she is trying to get me to write more world(have not written one in about 6 to 7 years because of no online app's)....then she starts to shill they are now doing group and in bed with IAC and the network is Great West.....so after I informed her that Great West network sucks and I do not trust IAC she was starting to itch her head.....

Yea, like I said, it generally doesn't make sense...but that is the idea behind annual maximums.

I do like World though...clients seem to, as well. I just never suggest limitations on an annual basis. I would just go with another carrier...

Scott, I get World through Premier Marketing in DFW. I've been reasonably pleased with Great West...am working on a 10 person office in Nixon, Texas, and they have a good presence in Sequin and Gonzales.

But not having online applications is a big minus. Why they don't is beyond me...sure wish they did.

Back