Would Commercial Auto Comparitive Rater Be Useful

cchappell

Hello,

I'm surprised there is not much choice when it comes to Commercial Lines Auto comparative rating?

I would think something link an Ezlynx for Commercial would be beneficial to agents.

Anyway, I would appreciate feedback.

If you are not familar with Ezlynx, let me explain,

My thoughts were to build software, where the user enters all the common types of information needed for most CL Auto Quotes. Then depending on the companies selected the software asks the carrier specific/unique questions. The software then goes to each company website and fills the info (in the background automatically) and returns the rates for each company on one screen. The user/csr then can go to the company site that they choose and info will have been entered for them so that they can bind and issue? The rate should be accurate since it would be completed on the companies site.

What do you think?
Would there be many agents interested in something like this? What do you think would be a fair price for this?
I was thinking $20 per user per month? The more popular the cheaper it could be. I'm mainly brain storming at this point.

I have searched and not had much luck finding software that does this.

Spending 15 minutes on a quote and getting rates back for several companies could be a real efficiency boost.

Maybe there are already great comparative rating programs out there and I can't find them.

Any Feedback from Commercial CSR/Agents would be great.

Thanks,

Chris Chappell

Probably not. The commercial auto is typically only one piece of the whole commercial insurance program. Just because company A has a better commercial auto rate, doesn't mean I'm going to place my client with that company or even quote with that company due to what class codes will be used for the rest of the policies. You may have more like do something similar to SemCat, which is what we are trying out for the personal side.

You enter common client info into the SemCat fields. Then access each carrier through the SemCat portal. It auto fills fields as pages are brought up. Any fields that do not match exactly are highlighted for review. So the agent still has to go through the quote itself, but SemCat saves the agent time by filling in the blanks. I would be more inclined to use a program like that, which would save time just by eliminating a lot of duplicate data entry. Just my 2 cents.

Back