Would Tickets to a Comedy Club Help?

I am thinking about doing a promotion with a local comedy club, where they give me free tickets to their shows (the tickets give free admission but there is a two item minimum per person), and I would give them out when I am prospecting.

I was thinking about either doing a mailing or going B2B with a pdf that shows ways to save on Life, Health, Auto, Home, and Commercial Insurance, with an extra on LTCi.

For B2B I was thinking meet, greet, give pdf/tickets, then call next week.

What do you guys think?

I was thinking about either doing a mailing or going B2B with a pdf that shows ways to save on Life, Health, Auto, Home, and Commercial Insurance, with an extra on LTCi.

For B2B I was thinking meet, greet, give pdf/tickets, then call next week.

That's prospecting avoidance. Tell them what you sell and if appropriate, ask for the next step (appointment, quoting info, ect). EE, with all due respect (I mean that), you think too much. I do this as well from time to time, always trying to find an approach no one can say "no" to when presented. It doesn't exist, better to be direct to the point and move on if they're not interested.

I would be more inclined to give them to existing clients as a way of saying thank you than to use them as an enticement to purchase insurance from me.

I agree with Full Throttle, a direct no BS approach has always proven to be what works best for me.

They will probably be glad to take the tickets and then get pissed when they find out about the minimum purchase. Now you have done more harm than good. If you do use them I would tell them about the minimum purchase required.

They will probably be glad to take the tickets and then get pissed when they find out about the minimum purchase. Now you have done more harm than good. If you do use them I would tell them about the minimum purchase required.

Exactly my point. Who cares if everyone has to buy two drinks, you told them free tickets and now they are expected to buy drinks.

Back