Would you make any calls today?

NHB_MMA

Guru
100+ Post Club
I have a few people I've had a tough time reaching that may well be home today. However, being a holiday, they might be annoyed by a sales call. What's the advice from the seasoned veterans on this one?

I have a few people I've had a tough time reaching that may well be home today. However, being a holiday, they might be annoyed by a sales call. What's the advice from the seasoned veterans on this one?

I have been making calls for 3 hours and got a few appts. lined up thus far. I have only gotten 1 person annoyed (veteran), although I did set up an appt. with him. I'm sure being a veteran helps out!

In all honesty, I am vet, 8 years of service w/ the USAF that just ended in April and I am considering becoming a weekend warrior, so I feel just as much pride and respect for the holiday as any other military member. However, I did work on Memorial Day when I was in the USAF because work comes first and I hold true to that today.

You can pay homage and still be able to work. Do you think the all of the military took off today? No.....

Never. Oh. That's right. Never say never. I made an exception today. Some goofball who mailed an app, forgot to give details on ALL of his "yes" answers.

I wanted to do the paperwork from home today, so I left a message on his voicemail.

Didn't do any calling so far. I had to run out and do a little shopping. I might call a couple people I know later.

I kind of viewed today like Sunday. I never prospect on Sunday. I'll call someone back if they tell me to call them on Sunday, or I'll even see someone on Sunday, but I won't prospect. I was just raised that Sunday is to go to church, spend time with the family, and not be bothered by solicitations. I feel there are still enough people around with that mindset that I won't prospect then.

In my 29 years in the insurance business I have learned that the "best" time to call people is when they are most likely to be at the phone location to which you are calling. Always use th DNC list.

Certain holidays are "fantastic" for seniors but lousy for younger folks. Use your common since. When are "YOU" most likely in your home, office, etc. Call people close to your own age at "those" same times. Find out about other age groups and call at thier most likely time.

ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS leave voice mails with SHORT, to-the-point, descriptive messages about why you are calling and when you will call back. Leave a phone number and the option for them to call you...but do not wait for them to call you. Call back within 1-4 hours from the initial call.

Consistency with follow-up and knowing when to cut them loose are the keys to call success. Be a thick-skinned, nothing personal, bull dog, calling machine when dialing for dollars but be yourself when you actually get an answer.

Tons of web sites to learn about phone call technique and success. Google it!!!

Be smart and go get 'em. ;)

Back