Would You Pay for Pre-Qualified Exclusive Clicks?

payperconversion

In my earlier post I asked the community if they would pay per conversion only and if so how much and got great feedback and good issues were raised.

How about another angle:

Internet traffic is driven to an informational website we host where insurance agents are listed by state and line(s) of business.

Agents would bid for their listing position, and the consumer would choose among their options and you would only pay if the consumer clicks on your listing AND completes a short qualification form as a screen (but not a comprehensive form for an entire quotation).

The qualification form would route to you, and you only for that consumer.

The cost per click would be a) much lower than the cost per lead you currently pay and b) be lower (and more effective) than what you may be paying on PPC networks like Google

You would have creative control over your listing, and better listings with better click through rates would rise to the top.

In theory, there should be lots of consumer intent in these short form completions as they are actually choosing you personally, not clicking on a generic ad or completing a generic form.

Could this work?

In my earlier post I asked the community if they would pay per conversion only and if so how much and got great feedback and good issues were raised.

How about another angle:

Internet traffic is driven to an informational website we host where insurance agents are listed by state and line(s) of business.

Agents would bid for their listing position, and the consumer would choose among their options and you would only pay if the consumer clicks on your listing AND completes a short qualification form as a screen (but not a comprehensive form for an entire quotation).

The cost per click would be a) much lower than the cost per lead you currently pay and b) be lower (and more effective) than what you may be paying on PPC networks like Google

You would have creative control over your listing, and better listings with better click through rates would rise to the top.

In theory, there should be lots of consumer intent in these short form completions as they are actually choosing you personally, not clicking on a generic ad or completing a generic form.

Could this work?

that would be a lead, no? doesnt matter how long or short the form is, a lead is a lead. Just out of curosity how much are u thinkin per click?

btw b honest now, ur really from india, no?

Not from India but I do like curry berry berry much.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
..also, thinking about $3 per screened click, plus or minus $.50.

In this neighborhood.

Screened clicks could dump form results to your email or agency management system or clicks could route to your own site or lead form.

Last edited:
Interesting. Can you tell us what company you represent and your website? You'll move up to a Level 3 here on the credibility totem pole.

It looks like right now you have a rating of 45.6 which is a Level 2.

Thanks.

How about another angle:

Could this work?

Some guy named Google Adwords already invented this.

ha ha, yep I knew someone would say this.

Look, Google Adwords is a race to the bottom.

This is completely different - we are creating an insurance destination site where agents can list themselves and bid for placement.

Not an ad on the side of search results.

Don't get me wrong, Adwords can be effective (but also super expensive and you cannot differentiate yourself much so Google is the only one who wins in the end), but this is a very different concept.

We have seen major direct writers doing something similar, the trend being paying for clicks on destination sites.

We think this could work even better for agencies, but it is harder to coordinate.

Would folks prefer sending clicks to email, agency management systems or their own websites for this rate?

Thanks!

I repeat:

Interesting. Can you tell us what company you represent and your website? You'll move up to a Level 3 here on the credibility totem pole.

It looks like right now you have a rating of 45.6 which is a Level 2.

Thanks.

This is completely different - we are creating an insurance destination site where agents can list themselves and bid for placement.

Not an ad on the side of search results.

Not sure I 100% understand the difference.

Overall though, in the P&C world, anytime you pay per click, its a race to bankruptcy.

How would this compete against esurance, progessive, geico, etc for a car policy? I'm not sure I understand at all how this would work, especially compared to the netquotes, insuremes and other large lead vendors who already do pretty much what you are talking about, from a consumer viewpoint.

Dan

Latest posts

Back