Wow, Talk About Fast Service

Yes if it is clean Humana is not playing around these days... I am not a big fan of their insulting renewal commissions, but their new product line is well designed.

Renewal commissions changing in 2008 in most states.

I have had very good experience with them so far. My best approval came in 22 minutes. Looks like you beat me by 7 minutes.

You probably have a faster internet connection . . .

BCBS of TX has improved 100% their underwriting of e-apps is pretty quick now - about 5-7 business days, ?naire adds time chasing client down.. I know they are not perfect but BCBS TX gets the 2007 "most improved" award in my book.

Humana pre ex varies on plan applied for - pick up a new u/w guidebook depends on product family.

Chicken -

Humana is more reasonable than anyone else in GA right now. I have no complaints.

I agree. Here's my experience:

Had a late 50's gal with meds for osteoporosis. Thought it would be an exclusion (have gotten that from several carriers), but it wasn't.

Coincidentally, her husband had applied with them through their call-center. Surprise, surprise they didn't tell him about the rate-up for hypertension, even though he was upfront with them about it, the meds, readings, etc.

He was so pissed off about it, he decided to re-do the app through me.

BCBS of TX has improved 100% their underwriting of e-apps is pretty quick now - about 5-7 business days, ?naire adds time chasing client down.. I know they are not perfect but BCBS TX gets the 2007 "most improved" award in my book.

Humana pre ex varies on plan applied for - pick up a new u/w guidebook depends on product family.

Funny story.

About a year ago around the holidays, I was with a date wasting a warm, sunny afternoon at a tiki bar on the beach in St Pete...

A guy struck up a conversation with me, turns out he was some clueless-MBA that was a VP for Mutual Service Corp. (?) that own BCBS of (I believe) TX, OK, NM & IL.

Long story short, we're talking about "electronic capabilities" and how they cut down the underwriting time.

He told me, "we're moving cautiously...we've only had a website for a year."

I about fell out the boat.

I was with a date wasting a warm, sunny afternoon at a tiki bar on the beach in St Pete...

The only possible waste in that is the date.

Sunny, tiki bar, beach . . . do not belong in the same sentence as "wasting time" . . . unless of course you are Jimmy Buffet.

Back