Writing an App a Day

padthaiforlunch

Guru
1000 Post Club
Spinning off from another thread...

Keepin' it real simple:

$25 mo prem = $300AP = $300 commish @ 100% contract.

Do this six days a week (take Sunday off) and:
$150 = $1800AP/commish (6 apps) x 50 weeks = $90,000 for protecting 300 lives.

Ok. This gets to the heart of it. An app a day. There is plenty on this board about doing this with health, but the roadmap for life is a little more sketchy. To get an app a day, I would need three appointments that hold. To pitch three people a day, I would need five set appointments to cover flakes and cancellations. To set five appointments a day, I need to contact X (250??).

So. To those writing life, what is X for you?

Is anyone on this board writing five or six apps a week for life?

Let's talk about maximizing the X faxtor.

Now, just pushing $500k 10 yr. term to standard non-nic males we have $400AP. 90% commish is $360x6x50= gets us $90K. (Hmmm. 20yr term nets $190k. Any ethical qualms about selling 20 term?)

So, how do we achieve X, and how much does it cost?

The blast fax is dead.

You could Fuller Brush it and knock on doors.

You could have a telemarker autodial, "If your spouse dies on the way home from work tomorrow, will the loss of income destabilize your family?"

You can whizz away your money on mailers.

Or do like James and drive all over town dropping off info to small business owners. A good idea in itself, but your X factor is limited by the amount of drops you can do in a day.

How do you (or plan to) maximize X?

How do we get X to equal an app a day?

I'm leaning towards seminar selling for life insurance and targeting the 65+ market for single premium second to die whole life with an LTC rider and calling it "Give your assets to your family, not the nursing home."

5-6 apps per week (life) is tough. Even in my early years, when I focused on life, I didn't do that many.

You better have a site than gets a lot of traffic. Or a lot of solid leads and/or good appointments.

If you are going to go that way, I would think you need to develope a lead generation system which would include;

Door Hangers
Paper Inserts
DM campaign to new home owners (Limited list, go to courthouse)
Purchase leads or List that is in compliance with DNC

You have another factor to consider when trying to figure out X. That is how qualified to you want X to be before the appointment is set, which of course effects your closing ratio.

Like any other goal, you need to first ask yourself what are you trying to accomplish?

Is it production just for the sake of notching your gun or are you really focused on helping your client.

Writing an app a day is hard, even more so in life. I know some guys who do this and more, but they have a whopping advertising budget. This is something that has been built up over the last 20 yrs or so. They first started out advertising in local papers, then the WSJ and other national publications.

After Al Gore invented the internet they moved there but still kept their paper advertising.

They spend close to $500,000 per year on lead generation and it pays them very well.

I have no idea how anyone can write a life app a day with face to face unless they are in the worksite market. Unless you want to go crazy (or hire the staff) to follow up on para-meds, you need to concentrate on simplified issue plans with small face amounts.

Writing an app a day is absolutely achievable, been doing it week in week out for close to a year. All sales are made face to face, in home. Here's how my average week breaks down.

30 direct mail leads
15 appointments set
10-12 sits
5-6 apps

It's not easy, but it's achievable.

I don't drop the mail, I choose to just purchase leads. Most of my vendors stop mailing to a batch of data when it hits about .8%.

Latest posts

Back