Writing term on parents

First, tell the younger people to get off their parents...:yes:

Older parents? Young children? Babies?

Sorry but I'm old and have trouble with English at times... can you rephrase your question?

Hey I’m a new life agent. Wondering if anyone is successfully selling life Ins. To younger people on there parents.
Younger adult children may be paying for WL policies for their parents when they see a need but most parents don't like to have that talk with their children. I have also seen the direct opposite where the adult children cancel policies their parents are paying for because they did not know why the policy was in place, were too afraid to ask, and only looked at it as an expense. 'Put You In The Ground Insurance' is very handy to have when the time comes and the funeral home will accept becoming the beneficiary to pay for the expense of burial

Well that rules out term because its seldom in effect at time of death due to premium increases in the latter years.
The first line of my answer says WL. Buying term for a parent would make little sense. Buying a graded issue or immediate issue WL policy makes plenty of sense for burial insurance. Purchasing anything above burial insurance on a parent seems like a treasure hunt

Buying a graded issue or immediate issue WL policy makes plenty of sense for burial insurance.

GUL may make more sense for an adult to buy on a standard-issue parent. Or WL. It all depends on the circumstances. No cookie-cutter response or product. Or, say a 20 year term with a RdPu option. Unless the agent is a single product agent. Like a Primerica Term, Final Expense or Pre Need agent. Then sell what you got. Or refer them to a Life agent.

Purchasing anything above burial insurance on a parent seems like a treasure hunt

How so? $20,000 will take care of the average final expense around here. Exception being some cultural requirements that can be two or three times that. How about transition money needs, Survivor income needs for things like loss of pension or SS income? Wouldn't that be a final expense? and arguably more important than funeral costs?

Back