WTF!?! Rates Dropped 50% in Texas on Home Ins.

todd02

Guru
100+ Post Club
Does anyone in here know Aarrowhead insurance in Texas. They write Universal insurance of North America.

My office got 3 quotes from them today. All 3 prospects rates on an HOB contract with 1% ded for w/h was under $500.... Average pricing on Home insurance in our area is over $1000 easy. And their roofs were over 12 yrs old. That usually increases rates dramatically. Something doesn't make sense. They also said their rates dropped by 50% from last year. WHA?!

This year has been the worst year in history with hail claims. How the F can they sell home insurance more than half of ANY competitor in the area...?

Buying up marketshare. Get a contract w/ them. I have a carrier who crushes the market like this for homes & I got a contract by sh*t luck and that's the main reason I close so much new business from home buyers. We will NOT write the home unless the agency also writes their auto insurance.

Buying up marketshare. Get a contract w/ them. I have a carrier who crushes the market like this for homes & I got a contract by sh*t luck and that's the main reason I close so much new business from home buyers. We will NOT write the home unless the agency also writes their auto insurance.

Na I don't need to write for them I'm just dumbfounded at how they can Buy market share when insurance companies loss ratios in the area are 250%. They are cruisin for bankruptcy on the next hail storm.

What city did these people live? I tried quoting a home with them today after reading this thread and a lot of zip codes are closed in Texas.

Does anyone in here know Aarrowhead insurance in Texas. They write Universal insurance of North America. My office got 3 quotes from them today. All 3 prospects rates on an HOB contract with 1% ded for w/h was under $500.... Average pricing on Home insurance in our area is over $1000 easy. And their roofs were over 12 yrs old. That usually increases rates dramatically. Something doesn't make sense. They also said their rates dropped by 50% from last year. WHA?! This year has been the worst year in history with hail claims. How the F can they sell home insurance more than half of ANY competitor in the area...?

They can buy up market share because their re-insurance is so low because they don't have any market share...follow that logic...... Remember ASI? They did the same thing, then re-insurance went up and they lost money on every single policy for over a year. Maison is running the same game plan.... Once a hurricane hits anywhere along the gulf shorelines, re-insurance will go up and they are screwed.

Back